This manual is a guide for non-governmental organizations carrying out child health programs to assess under-five mortality rates and evaluate programs using the CARE Group Model. By following this manual’s methodology to establish a Mortality Assessment for Health Programs (MAP) System, organizations can collect valid and precise information about vital events and detect statistically significant changes in under-five mortality rates over the life of a child health program. Our hope is that NGOs will find this manual practical and feasible to assess correlations between program activities and mortality trends in a variety of settings.
Links from Manual:
- Vital Events Database (ZIP)
- Pregnancy and Birth Register (PDF)
- Under Five Death Register (PDF)
- U5MR Trend Chart Creator (ZIP)
- Promoter Vital Event Monitoring Report Card – Chart Creator (XLS)