CORE Group is a twenty-year old membership organization that works to improve and expand community health practices for
underserved populations, especially women and children, through collaborative action and learning. The Board of Directors of CORE Group contributes to setting strategy and creating an enabling environment for all members and partners to share, learn and collaborate for global health.
CORE Group is currently seeking new members for its Board of Directors. At this stage of CORE Group’s development, we are seeking board members who bring experience and skills in setting CORE on a sustainable organizational and fiscal pathway so that we continue to expand our high-quality services. We are asking you to consider nominating candidates with skills across a multi-sectoral spectrum, and particularly with one or more of the following qualifications:
1. Business Development /Fund Raising
2. Corporate and Private Sector Engagement
3. Innovation in Partnership and Programming
4. Finance/CFO Experience
Women, people with disabilities, people of color, members of the LGBTQI community and International Members, are encouraged to apply.
Expectations of Board of Directors:
- Board members are committed to the purpose of CORE Group and agree to set aside personal as well as organizational interests when engaging in CORE Group business
- Actively participates in all Board and Board committee meetings (6 times a year)
- Actively participates in resource mobilization on behalf of the CORE Group
- Support CORE Group with your time, treasure, and talent
Board members serve terms of three-years
To Submit a Nomination:
If you and/or your organization would like to submit a nomination, please include the following in an email:
- The name and contact information of the person you are nominating
- A brief description of the person’s background
- Please attach the person’s CV
Please put ‘CORE Board Nomination’ in the subject line and send to email@example.com
Once the nominations process ends, CORE Group’s Nomination Committee will select potential candidates, and host interviews. Successful candidates will be recommended to the CORE Board and the slate submitted for membership approval in early May. Voting by CORE members will take place online between May 1-15th. Shortly thereafter, results will be announced on the CORE website and on CORE Group working group list serves. The new board members will assume their roles at that time.