CORE Group Partners Project, represented by nine members from the Ethiopia, India, and Nigeria secretariats, presented on a wide range of topics at the 150th annual APHA conference in Boston, Massachusetts November 6-9, 2022. The highlight of the conference was Dr. Filimona Bisrat, secretariat director of CGPP Ethiopia, receiving his prestigious Gordon-Wyon Award for community-oriented public health, epidemiology, and practice. Additionally, Manojkumar Choudhary’s abstract Tackling Gender Imbalance in COVID Vaccination: CORE Group Polio Project India’s Experience was given special recognition and appreciation by APHA’s International Health Section with a travel award of $500.
The team had a total of 10 presentations covering the following concepts: priority zoonotic disease surveillance integration, strengthening EPI through supportive supervision in pastoralist and hard-to-reach communities, barriers and enablers of the world’s largest COVID-19 vaccination program, effects of COVID-19 pandemic on childhood immunizations, community volunteer contributions in strengthening polio surveillance, investing in polio eradication is investing in resilient health systems, gender imbalance in COVID vaccination, interrupting transmission of vaccine-derived polio through community volunteers, cost-benefit analysis of community volunteers detecting AFP in pastoralist and semi-pastoralist communities, and mother/caretaker knowledge, attitudes, and practices toward childhood immunization.
View Poster Presentations
- Tackling Gender Imbalance in COVID Vaccination, CGPP India
- Investment in polio eradication redeemed dividend in COVID-19 pandemic response, CGPP India
- Interrupting Transmission of cVDPV2 Using Community Volunteers, CGPP Nigeria
- Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice of Mothers/Caretakers Towards Childhood Immunization In Ethiopia, CGPP Ethiopia
- Integration of Priority Zoonotic Diseases Surveillance into the Existing Polio Eradication
Program in Ethiopia: Opportunities, Success and Challenges – CGPP Ethiopia
- Health Worker and Caregiver Interaction During Child Vaccination Sessions at Health Facilities in Somali Region of Ethiopia – CGPP Ethiopia
- Strengthening Expanded Program for Immunization (EPI) through facility-based supportive supervision in pastoralist and hard-to-reach part of Ethiopia: the experience of CORE Group Ethiopia – CGPP Ethiopia