Prevalence of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs), including overweight and obesity, is rising in low- and middle-income countries where conditions of undernutrition persist. CORE Group’s Nutrition Working Group developed a position paper and technical brief to understand how overweight and obesity is (or is not) being addressed in global settings, and spoke with nutrition, policy, and programming experts to discuss how those in charge of implementing programs and policy may address overweight and obesity across global settings. In collaboration with the NCD Interest Group, this webinar discussed the findings from this position paper, and included a discussion and Q&A panel with experts with experience in overweight and obesity policy, programming, and research.
- Jennie Davis | PhD Candidate, University of California, Davis
- Fátima Ruiz | Dietitian, M&E Coordinator | Children International
- Rachel Nugent | Vice President and Director of the Center for Global NCDs, RTI International
- Alissa Pries | Senior Research Advisor, Hellen Keller International
- Arti Patel Varanasi | Co-Chair, CORE Group NCD Interest Group
- Annie G. Toro | Co-Chair, CORE Group NCD Interest Group
- Charlotte Block | Co-Chair, CORE Group Nutrition Working Group