Join Breakthrough ACTION, USAID’s flagship social and behavior change (SBC) project, for a roundtable discussion on innovative approaches for SBC research and implementation in gender and social norms. Through hands-on facilitation, participants will learn about new resources that improve the integration of gender and social norms into SBC programming, particularly in the areas of family planning and maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health.
The 1 hour and 15-minute roundtable will be offered in English with simultaneous French interpretation.
- Joanna Skinner, Population and Reproductive Health Technical Lead and Gender Advisor, Breakthrough ACTION
- Leveling the Playing Field in Nigeria Through Adalci (Chizoba Onyechi, Senior Program Officer, Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria)
- Gender Values Clarification Exercises With Health Providers in Ethiopia (Esete Getachew, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health Lead, Breakthrough ACTION Ethiopia)
- Introducing the “Getting Practical” Tool and Lessons from Pilot Testing (Lisa Cobb, Deputy Director, Strategic Communications Unit, Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs)
- Promoting Couple Communication Around Household Decision-Making and Saving in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (Carole Ilunga, Gender Technical Advisor and Regional Coordinator, Breakthrough ACTION DRC)—In French with simultaneous English interpretation