USAID / Maternal Child Survival Program
Nearly every country in the world faces multiple burdens of malnutrition, with at least one in three people globally experiencing malnutrition in some form. While health systems play an important role in the promotion and roll-out of critical nutrition interventions, service delivery at the health facility and community levels are often not at the quality, intensity and/or coverage desired to achieve country and global targets. While globally it is well recognized that interventions should reach those who need it most, the process of “how” this can be achieved is often not shared, discussed, or documented.
Please join USAID’s flagship Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP) on Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 9:00am at the Kaiser Family Foundation* or online as we discuss evidence and experiences from Mozambique, Malawi and Tanzania on how to strengthen integration of nutrition into the health platform from a health systems perspective as well as highlight considerations for sustainability and scale-up of nutrition interventions. During this event, MCSP will launch their special issue Maternal and Child Nutrition Journal supplement, with limited hard copies available. Continental breakfast and registration will take place from 9:00AM-9:30AM EST and the official program will begin promptly at 9:30AM EST.
Featured speakers include:
- Ms. Barbara Hughes, Director, Office of Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Bureau of Global Health, USAID
- Dr. Justine Kavle, Nutrition Team Lead, MCSP
- Dr. Zulfi Bhutta, Co-Director, Director of Research, Centre for Global Child Health, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
- Ms. Melanie Picolo, Senior Nutrition Advisor, MCSP Mozambique
- Ms. Florence Bwanali, Former Nutrition Advisor, MCSP Malawi
- Ms. Lemmy Mabuga, Family Planning Advisor, MCSP Tanzania
- Ms. Jeniece Alvey, Nutrition Advisor, Office of Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Bureau of Global Health, USAID
- Dr. Rolf Klemm, Vice President of Nutrition, Helen Keller International
- Dr. Koki Agarwal, Director, MCSP