Starting in one week, CORE Group will reconvene partners across the globe for a virtual series of practical and interactive workshops, building on the success of the Lives in the Balance summits held with PMNCH and other partners in July 2020, December 2020, and May 2021. The workshops will be structured to help you identify key action steps to take and implement in the context of your organization with these objectives in mind:
- To share practical knowledge, opportunities, and lessons learned of how global health programs have adapted due to COVID-19, including inclusive approaches for people with disabilities.
- To build capacity on emergent technologies and new skills required to adapt programs amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To strengthen organizations’ capacity in health emergency preparedness to support health systems in the COVID-19 response, which includes promoting vaccine confidence.
- To provide networking opportunities for global health practitioners, young professionals, students, and others.
Day One: October 19, 2021
- 8:00AM – 10:00AM ET | Maintaining Inclusive Program Approaches to Ensure Women, Children, and Adolescents (WCA) and People Living with Disabilities (PWD) are prioritized in the COVID-19 Response, with a Focus on Conflict Settings
- 10:15AM – 12:15PM ET | Monitoring & Evaluation with an Equity Focus
Day Two: October 20, 2021
- 8:00AM – 10:00AM ET | Adapting in-Person WASH and Nutrition Services During COVID-19
- 10:15AM – 12:15PM ET | How to Leverage One Health and Telehealth to Make Disease Management Programs Responsive in a Time of COVID
Day Three: October 21, 2021
- 8:00AM – 10:00AM ET | The Role of Civil Society Strengthening Health Systems
- 10:15AM – 12:15PM ET | Theoretical Foundations and Practical Skills to Address COVID-19 with a Focus on Inclusive Vaccine Access