Responsible for informing the development and implementation of water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) projects and activities across the organization. Contributes to the FH WASH technical strategies through a multi-sectoral, collaborative approach and contributes to staff development and learning around best practices through the WASH community of practice (CoP). Supports the design, monitoring, and evaluating of FH WASH projects including writing proposals, backstopping implementation, and assisting with WASH elements of project reports.
• Technical Support: Provide technical guidance for the effective implementation and quality of WASH projects globally. This includes defining the technical specifications and supervision of WASH infrastructure projects and programs, development of systems-based, sustainable WASH schemes and practices, and implementation of effective hygiene promotion programs.
• Learning: Management of the WASH CoP including promoting best practices and facilitating cross learning between sectors, regions, and fields. This will include arranging and hosting quarterly webinars to promote learning in emerging areas of interest and facilitating opportunities for learning exchange highlighting best practices in field offices. Represent FH and present WASH technical programs at relevant forums to enhance FH’s technical knowledge and reputation in the international development community.
• Proposal Support: Write technical components related to WASH for proposal development in support of the Grants Team and other units. Provide technical guidance in development of proposal strategies to ensure that gender and youth are integrated within the WASH sector. Provide cost estimating support to ensure that WASH is adequately budgeted for in proposal applications.
• Planning: Assist in the refinement and implementation of annual WASH Work Plans and the 2030 WASH Strategy in alignment with FH Strategic Priorities and other unit strategies. Research evidence-based WASH models and determine applicability for FH WASH strategy. Develop supporting documents including WASH standards, indicators, and technical guidelines.
• Humanitarian Response: The position should be willing and able to provide WASH technical support for humanitarian response operations when needed. This may include deployment to response sites, living and working in harsh environments with limited support and facilities. Support other staff in assessing, designing, and implementing WASH elements of response programs. Attend WASH cluster meetings and coordinate work with UN agencies, donors, and other nongovernmental organizations.
• Other duties as assigned