Are you a leader who can take initiative and enjoys contributing to a dynamic and fast-paced team? Based at our International Headquarters in Boone, North Carolina, Samaritan’s Purse is searching for a Technical Specialist to serve with our International Health Unit.
The International Health Unit is a team called to deliver the hope and healing of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth through innovative, compassionate, quality, and contextualized health care through Samaritan’s Purse field offices and disaster responses. This role will serve in the implementation of field office programming, disaster medical response activities, and technical advisory roles to support the mission of Samaritan’s Purse through health activities. If you are looking for a Career with Impact, we invite you to apply today!
This position will travel up to 30% of the year.
• Actively engages country offices to support and grow health and medically focused programming.
• Engages regional teams, Country Directors and Program Managers as needed to assist in and encourage identification of country specific health needs and opportunities.
• Engages in global surveillance of epidemics, people movements, and disasters occurring in assigned region, expanded as needed for emergency response.
• Works collaboratively with International Health Unit Operations to support in the creation and curation of health programming “modules,” including guideline creation, supply lists, staffing needs, and other critical components of a health program.
• Supports in the proposal development process for country offices, regional responses, and disaster responses.
• Supports in the mentorship of current and future health and medical program managers.
• Ensure that health programs are consistent with Samaritan’s Purse’s core Christian values, and that Samaritan’s Purse’s medical programs are making an appropriate Christ centered contribution to the work of the international community.
• Supports the emergency response efforts in preparing, planning, and deploying emergency health responses as they occur.
• Travels to field sites as needed for temporary assigned field responsibility, project assessment, or other work as assigned.
• Represent Samaritan’s Purse in the larger humanitarian world by attending specialty specific conferences and working groups, as well as presenting at conferences and speaking engagements as requested.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please copy and paste this link: https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/samaritanspursecareers/job/USA-NC-Boone-IHQ/Technical-Specialist--International-Health-Unit_10538