Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Specialist, Digital Content to join the Communications team in either Silver Spring, Maryland or San Diego, CA.
The Specialist, Digital Content provides support for a range of internal and external communication functions as well as department-level support for Communications. Requires a technical understanding of key systems and platforms and also a desire to encourage behavior change among colleagues so that communications technology solutions are adopted by key staff members. Specifically, the Specialist provides audience and analytics support; updates data and dashboards; supports email marketing activities through maintaining lists and building emails; and offers administrative and logistical support.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibility Area: Email Marketing
Builds, tests & launches emails for both internal and external audiences.
Creates schedule to maintain suite of digital communication vehicles and works to obtain content in timely manner.
Ensures marketing content is accurate, clear and compelling before public distribution.
Creates and maintains lists in both CRM and email marketing platform.
Works with Visual Communications Manager to obtain graphics for email builds.
Maintains master email outreach calendar.
Monitors and shares metrics related to email campaigns.
Responsibility Area: Data & Analytics
Maintains department communications dashboards.
Oversees Global Communities’ AdWords grant, creating and maintaining campaigns that raises the visibility of Global Communities’ programs and expertise.
Disseminates reports on results of outreach efforts.
Responsibility Area: Website
Updates web content on scheduled or as needed basis.
Ensures published content is SEO-friendly. Does a pass to optimize pages and posts for keywords and populates meta fields.
Adheres to schedule and proactively follows up with content leads to ensure information is current.
Supports engagement related to Global Communities website redesign or regular improvements.
Monitors publicly available inboxes linked to web forms and works with departmental staff to ensure appropriate and timely response.
Responsibility Area: Salesforce
In partnership with IT, works with Salesforce central administrator to customize CRM to track new communication streams, preferences and audiences. Advises on plan to facilitate data entry on behalf of senior leadership and technical leads.
Acts as a Salesforce power user who encourages and facilitates adoption.
Performs data entry on behalf of Communications team and other key staff who maintain important funder & strategic relationships on behalf of Global Communities.
Responsibility Area: SharePoint/Intranet
Provides support for SharePoint merger.
Assists in maintaining department presence on SharePoint.
Posts approved content to intranet blog.
Admin & Other:
Provides support for creative request intake and job tracking system.
Assists with credit card reconciliation and similar financial or administrative tasks.
Performs vendor research.
Processes invoices on behalf of department.
Maintains digital asset management platform: uploads new assets, ensures existing assets are tagged appropriately, performs regular passes to delete unnecessary files.
Assists with video production projects.
Provides other departmental support, as needed.
POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Promote a culture of excellence, inclusion, learning, support, diversity and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and a minimum of two years of related work experience or specialized knowledge of the work discipline with a minimum of six years of related work experience.
- Experience required in: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat); HMTL and CSS; Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; WordPress (preferred); Salesforce (preferred); and Pardot (or similar email marketing platform).
- Experience in video editing a plus.
- Familiarity with international development, humanitarian relief and international trade issues desired.
- Strong written communication and editing skills, with proven ability for accurate proofreading.
- English fluency required. Ability in Spanish, French, or Arabic preferred.
- Understanding of digital design concepts.
- Proven understanding of CRMs and email marketing platforms.
- Ability to construct and interpret dashboards and displays of complex data.
- Proficiency in WordPress or similar CMS.
- Ability to balance a large variety of tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Able to perform job-specific mathematics.
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.