Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Specialist, Content to join the Communications team in either Silver Spring, Maryland or San Diego, CA.
The Specialist, Content provides support for a range of internal and external communication functions as well as department-level support for Communications. They are responsible for writing and editing communications and marketing materials, including maintaining an updated organizational style guide. Provides research and data analysis to support, including managing databases, tools, systems and processes. Tracks public information and provides timely updates to organizational leaders and provides administrative and logistical support.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibility Area: Communications and Marketing Support
Writes and edits communications materials, including fact sheets, marketing collateral, newsletters, and blog posts.
Performs research and writing tasks to support production of high-quality public-facing brand material.
Provides high-quality proofreading and editing support to organizational stakeholders.
Monitors targeted news sites, public information and databases and uses independent judgement to identify information relevant to Global Communities business and operations.
Informs internal stakeholders of timely developments, including distributing regular news and media clips and policy or advocacy updates.
Supports content development, creation, writing and editing for internal communications, including but not limited to the staff newsletter.
Actively engages internal communications channels to build relationships with a broad spectrum of staff representing a range of cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
Utilizes Pardot email marketing software to support effective information distribution to internal and select external audiences.
Responsibility Area: Department Support
Provides administrative and logistical support to Communications department.
Supports departmental function with excellent organization and attention to detail.
Supports scheduling, logistics, preparation and execution of internal and external events, including thought leadership events, advocacy stakeholder meetings and other engagement opportunities.
Supports effective meetings with calendar and agenda management.
Processes financial transactions, assists with credit card reconciliation, and performs other financial and fiscal management tasks for the department.
Responsibility Area: Data and Analytics
Provides data analysis to support internal and external communications.
Creates monthly data dashboards for key communications functions and supports analysis for data-informed decision-making.
Manages departmental databases, including dedicated software programs to support media contacts (Meltwater) and public affairs (LeadershipConnect).
Serves as a champion and power user of the organizational CRM (Salesforce), supporting departmental stakeholders in using system efficiently and effectively.
Enters data and oversees careful tracking of all external contacts and relationships, with responsibility for implementing the organization’s established data protection standards.
POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Promote a culture of excellence, inclusion, learning, support, diversity and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and a minimum of two years of related work experience or specialized knowledge of the work discipline with a minimum of six years of related work experience.
- Excellent writing skills and editing ability, with experience in copy-editing or proofreading and ability to communicate key ideas in accessible and compelling style.
- Ability to work with cross-cultural, diverse and geographically disparate teams.
- English fluency required. Ability in Spanish, French, or Arabic preferred.
- Knowledge of international development and humanitarian assistance sectors preferred.
- Ability to balance a large variety of tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Able to perform job-specific mathematics.
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.