The Senior Executive Administrator provides strategic administrative support to the President & CEO (CEO) of Project Concern International (PCI). The top priority of this position is to support the CEO to ensure she uses her time most wisely in the pursuit of organizational goals. This will be done by managing an effective executive function with optimal coordination and communication across the executive team of PCI as well as with external stakeholders such as donors, key stakeholders, partners and PCI board members.
S/he will be at the center of communications for the CEO, both internally and externally, in collaboration with the other members of the International Office Leadership Team (IOLT). The main responsibilities of the Senior Executive Administrator will include effectively prioritizing, managing and coordinating the CEO’s schedule, planning travel and making necessary logistical arrangements, drafting and/or preparing CEO communications and presentations, keeping the CEO optimally organized and effective in her internal and external activities, accompanying her on meetings, taking notes and ensuring effective and timely follow-through on contacts made and networking carried out by the CEO, and other administrative tasks designed to maximize the efficiency and productivity of the CEO as necessary.
Our President & CEO: Carrie Hessler-Radelet
(Click the link to learn more about her!)
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Executive Office Management
Serves as confidential executive administrator to the CEO.
Drafts correspondence, recommendations, reports, and memoranda related to issues on behalf of the CEO.
As appropriate, accompanies the CEO to meetings and takes notes.
Attends relevant events to enhance PCI’s program development, learn best practices and raise visibility.
Participates in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives
Manages CEO’s appointment calendar: Schedules and prioritizes appointments and meetings to maximize CEO engagement and ensure the achievement of organizational goals; advises CEO of daily schedule; and works closely with the CEO to ensure effective and timely follow up.
Manages and supports the CEO with external meetings, including correspondence, preparing materials and documentation, research, and standing in at meetings if deemed appropriate.
Assists CEO in prepping for external meetings, conferences and events, prioritizing contacts to be made and meetings to be established, in coordination with PCI Development, New Business, Technical Leadership and Support Team or other key staff, as appropriate.
Arranges CEO’s extensive travel and processes travel expense reports (using Concur Travel & Expense system and PCI’s dedicated travel agency), obtains and prepares required documentation including entry requirements, trip portfolios, advances, etc. Travels with CEO when required.
Screens and manages CEO’s telephone calls and visitors, ensuring appropriate follow-through.
Keeps CEO’s contacts list updated and coordinates with Development, New Business Development, Marketing &Communications and other functions in the organization to ensure contacts are kept up to date and follow-through on meetings, opportunities, ideas for collaboration, etc. is effectively and efficiently carried out.
Supports CEO’s fundraising activities and maintains CEO’s donor contact information in CRM system; Ensures that information pertaining to contacts with donors, potential donors, partners and potential partners are shared with the appropriate staff and is documented and uploaded into the organization’s CRM.
Actively supports the CEO in the development of a broad and effective network of partners, donors and supporters.
Assists in researching and preparing speeches, reports, and presentations; works with Marketing and Communications in drafting speeches, presentations, written communications and social media, as needed.
Approves and processes weekly checks, check requests, invoices, and timesheets, and provides CEO seal/signature for formal documents as authorized and supported by formal written approval.
Maintains files and records of the Executive Office.
Manages the Executive Office budget as directed.
Builds relationships and liaises with all staff as needed to ensure a smooth working relationship with the Executive Office and so necessary arrangements/information is shared
Manages and supports the CEO with external board positions, including correspondence, preparing materials and documentation, research, and standing in at meetings as appropriate
Ensuring clear and timely communication with the Board Liaison regarding all board related matters.
Supports the CEO in tracking and completing performance planning & management process for all CEO’s direct reports.
Support monthly All-Staff meetings
Other duties as assigned
International Office Leadership Team (IOLT) Support
Schedules IOLT group functions, meetings, and offsite retreats
Prepares agendas, takes notes, and tracks action items for all IOLT meetings
Maintains IOLT materials, bios and other related information
Provides facilities assistance as needed
Supervises the DC Office Coordinator; establishes performance expectations, collaboratively develops and assesses progress towards annual performance goals, and provides ongoing guidance
Coordinates closely with the SD Office Coordinator; directs h/her work as it relates to CEO administrative activities
Position Parameters/Special Responsibilities Required:
Must be available to work weekends and evenings in preparation for and during meetings, and other events as needed
Must be able to travel as needed
Supervises the DC Office Coordinator
Must be willing and able to answer calls/email during non-business hours
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field (business administration, non-profit management, etc.) highly preferred
- A minimum of four to six (4-6) years’ experience in Executive Office support, with six to eight (6-8) years of overall professional experience. Specialty training and credentials or advanced degree may be substituted
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written & verbal, including the ability to communicate across cultures and the ability to say “no” effectively and without negative consequences.
- Documented ability effectively supporting a CEO for a significant, complex, global development organization
- Experience communicating and coordinating with private donors (foundation staff, high net worth individuals, social entrepreneurs, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of proper meeting management techniques
- Ability to accurately type a minimum of 65 wpm
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, with the ability to learn other software applications quickly
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, and use of communication applications (Skype, Zoom, etc.)
- Experience in or willingness to learn Concur Travel & Expense system
- Experience in internet research and database management
- Adept at proof-reading own and others’ work to eliminate errors
- Ability to solve complex problems, think innovatively, creatively and strategically
- Must be flexible, extremely well organized and detail-minded.
- Adept at follow-through, especially in the management of detail and juggling multiple priorities.
- A willingness to do what is needed to get the job done
- Capable of handling several tasks simultaneously and self-managing time and task priorities
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI