The Regional Technical Adviser – Social Behaviour Change will provide regional programme support and oversight on social behaviour change interventions and initiatives across Sightsavers funded programmes and our West Africa country programs. The purpose of this role is to ensure strategic alignment with programme goals, provide technical and project design support, trainings, and development of materials and documents related to social behaviour change. Key duties will include:
- providing direct programme support on social behaviour change
- supporting and backstop SBC and WASH programme officers within funded programmes
- working with project partners to plan, implement and monitor activities to a high quality
- reviewing proposals and work plans, ensuring that they meet appropriate programme goals
- assisting with the development of monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- reviewing partner documents for technical appropriateness and accuracy
- assisting with behaviour change strategies, messages, and materials
- ensuring alignment and consistency of activities across partners and countries
- extensive travel – up to 40% of working time could be spent representing Sightsavers at key international meetings and providing direct programme field assistance
- A postgraduate qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant field (anthropology, sociology, public health, social behaviour change, international development, design, communications etc)
- Experience using relevant design thinking and service design tools and techniques such as prototyping, design toolkits, qualitative research methodologies, facilitated design, etc
- Demonstrable experience of work in social behaviour change within international development projects in West Africa (both Francophone and Anglophone)
- Knowledge of current issues and best practice in social behaviour change in the international development sector, including frameworks, approaches and methods for measurement
- Solid understanding of or willingness to learn about accessibility standards and the importance of these.
- Comfortable working to deadlines on multiple projects.
- Professional experience or qualifications working in a relevant design discipline, eg design research, product design, service design or academic design background.
- Experience designing/ managing social behaviour change work to facilitate the inclusion and health of marginalised groups
- Experience in formative research, creative design and monitoring of social behaviour change projects
- Experience in using participatory and inclusive methodologies for planning, designing and monitoring social behaviour change
- Experience in capacity building and training
- Experience in delivering guidance from a distance
- Experience representing an organisation at an international level
- Experience identifying, synthesising and dissemination best practice and project learning
- Native or fluent French
- Willingness to travel extensively
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full detail
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place on 16/ 17/ 18 November 2022 and the evaluation process may include a role-specific task. To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete the brief application form on our portal and submit your updated CV including a cover letter and your salary expectations. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
Due to project deadlines, we are keen to fill this role as quickly as possible so applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.