The Project Officer sits on the Nutrition in Humanitarian Context (NHC) Team and is responsible for a range of coordination, research/programming, financial and administrative activities as outlined below.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of the NHC Director, and engage in activities providing technical support to the Bureau of Humanitarian Response.
These activities may include:
- support for the coordination of discrete technical assistance tasks ranging from agriculture in emergencies to food assistance to wasting treatment/prevention;
- support to USAID Advancing Nutrition Technical Advisors on research;
- budget monitoring and projections; coordination of on-line events;
- note taking;
- provide general support for the Activity Leads and Director as needed.
Working closely with the team’s Project Coordinator, the Project Officer will take the lead in administrative tasks to ensure the team meets all contractual deliverables, ensures US government compliance, manages the budget, and provides technical input when needed. Occasionally, the Project Officer may be asked to lead special initiatives or support activities that bridge across the project’s technical teams.
This position is based in Arlington, VA and will be supervised by the Director, NHC. The salary range for this position is $47,500 to $64,865. Please note the JSI office is closed due to the ongoing pandemic and that all project staff are working remotely until the office reopens.
Advancing Nutrition is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Flexibility, with the ability to work on multiple tasks and in fluid environments with changing priorities.
- Organized and attentive to detail.
- Proactive and comfortable independently gathering information to complete tasks.
- Engaging with financial management systems for budgeting and budget tracking, strong writing and budgeting skills.
- Concise writing to summarize research findings, from surveys and from published research.
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse colleagues.
- Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office Suite applications, specifically MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Google applications, e.g. Google Docs, Google Drive.
- Planning/coordinating meetings and on-line events.
- Organizing travel logistics.