- TITLE: Project Analyst (Temporary)
- DEPARTMENT: Global Business Systems and Information Technology
- DATE: August 2017
Who we are
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. PSI’s core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in 67 countries. Join us!
Global Business Systems:
PSI seeks a Project Analyst that will be responsible for the implementation of revisions to the configuration of the Health Services Report in DHIS2. The Project Analyst will also be responsible for the implementation of the Health Network Quality Improvement System (HNQIS) app configuration and ongoing support process. They will build DHIS2 configuration skills to administer these processes. Successful completion of deliverables below will open consideration to further support for implementation of WHP Tracker program, Helpdesk administration support, and technical support to Electronic Medical Records (EMR) implementation. Information Technology: The Project Analyst will craft a governance strategy and plan for SharePoint at both a macro and micro level. The Project Analyst will plan and implement an Office 365 and IT services adoption communications plan. They will support SharePoint site implementations and provide Office 365 support.
- Completion of DHIS2 Academy Level 1 online course.
- Implement annual revisions to Health Services Report (HSR) for all modules by December 1, 2017, including the following tasks:
- Consult with GBS Program Manager and Health Area Monitoring Advisors to confirm requirements, develop workplan and timelines, and reporting table mockups.
- Work with development consultant to translate required revisions into DHIS2 system requirements, and ensure progress on configuration meets agreed upon timelines.
- Advise HISP Vietnam on required changes to HTML custom forms based on data set revisions.
- Coordinate with Application Delivery team and development consultant to ensure linkages between HSR and metrics data warehouse are tested and working properly before deployment to ensure no interruption in global services reporting.
- Coordinate planning for 2018 development revisions to Health Services Report.
- Implement the HNQIS app configuration and ongoing support process in 20 countries by December 31, 2017, including the following tasks:
- Consult with GBS Program Manager and BAO technical consultants to administer HNQIS configuration process, including acceptance and review of checklist content, submission to the helpdesk for configuration, monitoring of configuration progress against agreed upon timelines, and delivery of final configuration to HNQIS team for testing.
- Train local country systems administrators in basic administration of HNQIS, including user setup and organization unit assignment.
- Coordinate with BAO and EST technical consultants to troubleshoot bugs and misconfigurations of the application.
- Coordinate and test the release of HNQIS versions 1.2.3 for debugging and version 1.3 new features. Inform new feature development for future versions of HNQIS.
- Framework and documentation for how PSI will govern use of SharePoint
- Framework to include documentation for high level organizational usage
- Framework to include documentation for site level usage and best practices
- Establish communications framework, methodology and schedule for promotion of and learning about IT services, especially as related to Office 365 adoption
- Additional and specific communications deliverables to follow planning
- Planning and technical assistance for SharePoint site implementations for the duration of the contract.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, public health, or a related field
- 3 years of work experience supporting or delivering technology based solutions in public health programs
- Experience with health management information systems, specifically DHIS2
- Ability to problems solve technology issues in applications, MIS, and other software
- Experience developing and carrying out analyses to answer targeted questions, including compiling and managing data and interpreting and sharing results
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with technicians and non-technicians.
- Must possess excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects to successful completion
- Ability to contribute positively to a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software preferred, such as STATA or SPSS
- Experience with health measurement or impact estimation at the population level, preferred
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position