Smile Train is a 501(c)(3) organization based in New York City with a sustainable approach to a single, solvable problem: cleft lip and palate. Founded in 1999, Smile Train focuses on providing free cleft-related training for doctors and medical professionals. We have assisted more than 1,500,000 children to date. Please visit smiletrain.org to learn more.
About Internships at Smile Train
Smile Train is committed to offering interns an opportunity to learn how an international non-profit works in practice. All interns will attend regular information sessions, each led by a different member of our team. We’re hoping this will provide interns with a good overview of what we do, how we do it, and how all of the pieces fit together.
We are seeking a Programs Intern for the fall semester. This person will support the Programs team in growing, managing and improving key programmatic priorities for the organization.
This internship is based at our satellite office in Washington, DC. The projected start date is September 16, 2019, running through December 13, 2019. The internship is scoped at part-time (2.5 days per week).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Assist Smile Train with the development of scholarly articles and presentations
– Identify new research topics
– Analyze organizational data for planning purposes
– Support Smile Train’s Quality Assurance processes
– Develop tools to assess the impact of Smile Train’s global programs
– Assist with various programmatic tasks
– Collaborate with internal departments on other projects and assignments as needed