The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) is based at the Bloomberg School of Public. CCP is seeking a Program Specialist who will provide programmatic and administrative support to the Tanzania Vector Control Activity (TVCA) as well as support additional programs and center-wide initiatives. TVCA is a United States Agency for International Development/President’s Malaria Initiative-funded project to implement proven, evidence-based vector control approaches in Tanzania to reduce the burden of malaria and move toward malaria elimination. The Program Specialist will serve as a consistent link between headquarters and other locations (domestically or internationally), and provide day-to-day problem solving, writing and editing, and procurement processing as programs require. They may travel domestically or internationally to assist with technical and programmatic activities as directed.
The successful candidate will be based in Baltimore, Maryland or Washington D.C. They report to the Senior Program Officer and will not have official supervision duties.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage program backstopping with direction
- Format, edit, and produce documents and presentations as needed
- Contribute to work plans, reports, and budgets
- Act as a liaison for consultant activities, ensuring statement of work, contracts, and deliverables are in place
- Initiate, track, and monitor procurements and contracts and other administrative and programmatic documents
- Work closely with finance and administrative staff to ensure timely and complaint spending
- Maintain frequent, open, ongoing communication with program team members in all locations (offsite, headquarters, and internationally)
- Adhere to JHU/CCP and donor rules and regulations and policy
- Upload and save deliverables on relevant knowledge management platforms
- Assist in orienting and training staff and student employees
- Contribute to technical work including strategies, toolkits, communication materials, scripts, job aids with direction
- Gather and summarize relevant background information to inform technical work
- Use tools, processes, best-practices, and colleague review to ensure all products and documents are of the highest quality possible
- Assist with in-country STTA including trainings, workshops and program support with direction, when necessary
- Assist with center-wide initiatives with support
- Assist with proposal coordination with direction
- Support project start-up and close-out
- May represent JHU/CCP at relevant external meetings and events, including networking and relationship building
- Stay abreast of technical updates in malaria vector control and additional relevant fields
Other duties may be assigned.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- International and travel experience
- Foreign language
- Ability to learn new things