Program Coordinator, Global Security
- Program Coordinator
- Global Security
- Based in Washington, DC
- Reports to the Deputy Director, Global Security
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks a Program Coordinator to support the Global Security Team. The Coordinator is a key member of the Global Security Department, whose mission is to provide technical guidance, best practices, risk-assessments, and incident or crisis-management support to all of PSI’s offices globally. Additionally, the department is responsible for supporting overseeing the strategic vision and implementation of best practices in safety and security across the entire PSI network through both on-the-ground and remote support. This position is based in Washington DC and may include occasional overseas travel.
- Manage the online incident tracking tool to ensure proper functioning, and assist in the creation of reports and information sharing on security trends within PSI.
- Manage tracking of all safety and security trainings completed by PSI DC and international staff, and assist in the scheduling and contracting for outside training providers.
- Monitor the country safety and security situation directly in countries, as assigned.
- Update information included in the ISOS Travel Tracker to include message manager; expat tracker; building tracker; and other communications.
- Assist with the contract management of IQCs and related task orders issued by the Global Security Department.
- Attend Department/Team Meetings within PSI to do security outreach on a wide variety of initiatives and topics.
- Perform security briefings and presentations on various topics related to global safety and security, and the department within PSI.
- Assist with Global Security budget forecasting and tracking of direct charging to program budgets.
- Assist with the creation of field and D.C. based security trainings and crisis-management planning.
- Assist with the creation and writing of security guidance tools and policies and the writing of country-visit security reports.
- Manage the Global Security SharePoint Page; ensuring that all relevant security materials are housed and organized within the page and updated, documents are tagged, that all web-parts are functional and presentable and that corresponding SharePoint document libraries are properly managed.
- Complete a Daily Security Briefing via the Global Security SharePoint page to provide PSI employees with relevant security information and breaking news about the locations PSI works in and to aid senior management in making decisions about work in those locations.
- Submit regular Send Word Now Updates and Import Processes; ensuring the formatting of Employee Details Reports fit the specific fields outlined by Send Word Now, importing said information into the SWN database and ensuring all contacts are up to date.
- Complete research and compile resources in order to create a library on legal, technical and compliance guidelines for the PSI Global Security department. Attend panel discussions on relevant security topics such as Duty of Care and synthesize notes to add to this repository.
- Update all indicators on the Global Security Country-Risk Matrix in order to determine countries that need security visits and complete data-analysis through excel on a variety of projects.
- Organize headquarters trainings and related logistics Support development of communication materials for internal and external stakeholders and ensure translation as needed.
- Fulfill administrative functions, including invoicing and expense reconciling. Support administrative preparation for key presentations, conferences, meetings and retreats and assist in creation and updating of communications materials, including one pagers and presentations.
- Assist with domestic and international travel arrangements including expense report preparation, hotel reservations, visa applications, drafting necessary invitation letters and arranging meeting schedules for international staff visiting DC.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (International Relations, Security Studies)
- You are an excellent writer, and quick researcher on topics related to international affairs and world events.
- At least two years of prior work experience in a fast-paced office environment;
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with SharePoint and Microsoft Flows
- Familiarity with Ascend and Concur.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness;
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently;
- Knowledge of USAID, DFID, The Global Fund and the international donor community;
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
- Fluent written and spoken French and Spanish.
- Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments;
- Customer service oriented;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem-solving ability;
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and follow through on assignments;
- Demonstrated interest in international health and development issues and a demonstrated interest in the field of global security.