About Metrics for Management
Metrics for Management (M4M) is a nonprofit organization, created with a vision to establish common metrics in global health, and the tools to apply them, in order to enable governments and NGOs alike to measure what matters and better serve those in need. M4M designs, promotes, and standardizes performance measures in health service delivery to improve health outcomes and well-being in low- and middle- income countries (LMICs). We work to assure accurate and relevant data is collected, that common metrics are agreed on to measure performance, and that those metrics are widely disseminated and used. By building global consensus and through rigorous research, we develop easy-to-implement, easy-to-understand, real-time performance metrics to help managers assess and improve the performance of their own program, institution, facility, or district. We also provide project-specific global and in-country technical assistance to assist implementers in the application, adaptation, and development of performance measures to meet a wide range of health services program needs.
Our research team is based in Baltimore, with the opportunity for remote work for the right candidate. Joining a small team provides immediate opportunities for leadership, the chance to diversify your skill set by working on a variety of projects, the ability to quickly advance the work, and the potential to make a big impact. We are a highly efficient, growth-oriented team.
Please visit our website at www.m4mgmt.org to learn more about our work and current projects.
Metrics for Management seeks a qualified Project Analyst to support activities across our full scope of work, including research, business development and administration. This position will split reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and to the Partnerships Lead.
This position may also travel domestically or internationally to support Metrics for Management projects and proposals.
The Project Analyst roles and responsibilities may include:
• Support new project proposal development, including identifying and conducting an initial assessment of new funding opportunities, reading and analyzing solicitation and proposal documents, and developing proposal planning calendar.
• Coordinate, and in some cases, lead proposal planning meetings and strategy discussions. Capture technical ideas and translate them into articulate and persuasive proposal or concept note content.
• Research, write and organize information in a professional and clear manner. Work with communications team to create graphics or visuals for projects and proposals, as needed.
• Package and submit proposals.
• Track, regularly communicate, and ensure ongoing project and proposal progress, administrative updates, training requirements, and budgets.
• Investigate and implement appropriate technological solutions to support project and proposal tracking across all projects.
• Prepare necessary materials for meetings; attend and document meeting decisions and follow-up items; take responsibility to ensure follow-up items are completed.
• Assist with travel arrangements for all team members and Board of Directors, including necessary visas, immunizations, travel insurance and other details. Assist with post-travel reporting.
• Coordinate domestic and international project meeting logistics; attend and provide on-site management for all meetings as required; draft and disseminate meeting summary reports.
• Provide general editing and administrative support, or undertake project-specific tasks, as requested.
Remote / Baltimore, MD
Preference for a candidate based in Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC where we employ a hybrid work model out of our Baltimore office. Remote work for US citizens based in the United States or Canada is also possible, with an expectation of quarterly travel to Baltimore.
Metrics for Management offers highly subsidized health, vision, and dental insurance, up to a matching 3% contribution to your SIMPLE IRA retirement account, and professional development funds. In addition, employees accrue up to 3 weeks of vacation each year, increasing after 2 years. We also offer 10 holidays plus one floating holiday, as well as sick days.
Annual salary of $69,000-$84,000 based on experience. Annual performance-based salary increases, as well as cost-of-living adjustments.
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials: • Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of work experience. • Excellent writing skills with demonstrated experience translating technical content into clear, engaging written materials and funding proposals. • Experience with Insightly, SalesForce, or another contact management system. • Demonstrated capabilities in managing overlapping project tasks and deadlines. • Significant attention to detail. • Cultural sensitivity and flexibility in working with a variety of global partners. • Works effectively both independently and within a team. • Energy and enthusiasm to take on new responsibilities and grow with Metrics for Management. • Previous experience with USAID projects, particularly supporting administrative functions, is an asset. • Fluency in English. Other language abilities are beneficial. • Energy and enthusiasm to take on new responsibilities and grow with Metrics for Management. • Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 10% of the time.
To apply, please submit a single PDF file with: 1) cover letter; 2) resume; 3) contact information for three references to email@example.com with the subject line “Project Analyst Application.” Only complete applications will be considered. Top candidates will be asked to complete a writing sample and project planning assessment before an initial interview. Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.