Develop, lead, monitor and evaluate the assigned nutrition project(s), with support from sector advisors. Develop, lead implementation and ensure adequate monitoring and evaluation for effective management and reporting on the project activities in line with the objectives, time frame and budget with a focus on nutrition system strengthening, training and coordination. Provide technical support and leadership, manage and train nutrition staff to meet quality standards in nutrition delivery, anticipate, plan, and contribute to the development of new nutrition project proposals and reports.
- Higher level qualification, preferably in nutrition or in another relevant field such as nursing / midwifery / doctor / community-based training.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- 2 years post-qualification professional experience in a relevant field.
- 1 year experience working in a nutrition / health programme in a developing country, preferably in a humanitarian context; management experience in a nutrition / health context.
- Experience in the design, monitoring of implementation and evaluation of CMAM programmes desirable; experience working in an insecure environment desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of nutrition / primary health care principles and management.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, Sphere and HAP Standards.
- Experience in training / mentoring / coaching staff; aptitude for community mobilisation and capacity-building; team-player with good inter-personal skills.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.