PCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing diseases, improving community health, and promoting sustainable development worldwide. With support from United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PCI Tanzania will be implementing the final phase of Food for Education (FFE) programming in the Mara region (2017-2021). The goal of the program is to improve literacy among primary school students, and increased use of health and dietary practices, empower women etc.
In line with programmes objectives, growth and sustainability, PCI wishes to attract talents and professionals to help run the programme.
The Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) Manager is responsible for providing leadership, management, and technical assistance in the development and implementation of the MLE systems supporting PCI Tanzania programs. This includes developing and updating the MLE strategy and framework for excellent program monitoring and evaluation, policies, guidelines and standard procedures. The MLE Manager will be responsible for effective program data management that includes collection, cleaning, archiving, analyzing and reporting to program teams, the International Office, Government of Tanzania and donors. S/he will incorporate best practices of ML & E in developing and overseeing data management processes and tools to ensure effective program management during implementation.
The position is based in Musoma Office and will report to the Country Director.
Key Duties &Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and training in the development of M&E policies and tools, survey design, methodology, data analysis, and other services as may be required for program monitoring and evaluation
- Oversee the timely collection, data management, analysis and reporting of accurate qualitative and quantitative monitoring reports on a routine basis in line with PCI and reporting needs and requirements
- Ensure high quality narrative and data reports are submitted on time to Government of Tanzania and program donors
- Develop, update and implement effective systems for internal learning and external sharing of publications, including best practices, success stories and technical briefs
- Continuously improve PCI systems, tools and processes in monitoring, evaluation and information management that inform program implementation
- Support program teams to improve data utilization to inform and improve each individual program, as well as feed into the broader government M&E system
- Encourage program integration both within and between different programs to achieve a holistic, coordinated approach at the community level
- Contribute to all new business development opportunities to grow and expand PCI’s programming portfolio
Effective data Management:
- Develop, update and implement program data collection processes, tools and schedules
- Ensure existing Management Information Systems (CommCare, Jawabu, GPATH, SAVIX, etc) are capable and effective in supporting data collection, analysis and reporting needs
- Ensure routine and rigorous data quality validation exercises are performed to ensure high confidence in the quality of data analyzed and reported
- Maintain and execute the comprehensive schedule of government and donor reports to ensure that narrative and data reports contain accurate information presented in the proper format
Data Utilization Capacity Building:
- Strengthen the capacity of program teams and partners to develop and maintain excellent M&E systems, including regular reflection and analysis of program monitoring data
- Provide training and on-the-job coaching for PCI team and partners in how to read, understand the use the program data to make informed decisions to improve program impact
- Work with program teams to develop and implement systems to use data to drive decision-making at all levels
Reporting and Communications:
- Prepare consolidated progress reports and work plans in close collaboration with program team including district councils
- Integrate communications activities into annual work plans and monitor/track
progress and alert/communicate with the team on the progress
- Provide annual reporting schedule with the key stake holders to ensure MLE plans are well communicated in advance with the team
- Actively lead the annual work plan sessions and guide the program team accordingly
- 4+ years of active ML&E work experience in development programming required; ideal candidate will have both theoretical and practical background in M&E and skilled in participatory qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques.
- Strong skills in effectively presenting data to a variety of audiences to facilitate evidence-based decision making
- Experience with United States Government (USAID, USDA) and other international donors
- Strong computer skills, with working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, Excel, Power Point and statistical software packages
- Commitment to local capacity building and the ability to engage local stakeholders in the project design, implementation and monitoring
- Experience supervising others as a coach/mentor; strong training and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under tight deadlines
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in institutionalizing systems and standards throughout an organization preferred
- Willingness to live in Musoma