This position supports the program monitoring, evaluation and learning systems associated with PCI’s Human Trafficking Prevention portfolio with a focus on youth empowerment programs, public awareness, and the San Diego Trafficking Prevention Collective. The Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation (MLE) Officer contributes to the design, continual improvement, and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities. The MLE Officer also contributes to institutionalizing MLE systems and standards for improving programmatic quality, documentation and program development efforts, while assisting with program coordination.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
MLE Strategy Development Support (25%)
Provide portfolio-level leadership for the design, implementation, and continual improvement of an effective MLE strategy.
Develop and implement a data dissemination strategy for internal and external stakeholders to meet compliance, resource development, and project improvement needs.
Informed by research and evidence-based practices, develop and/or inform existing theory of change models, logic models, and define overall program objectives.
Create comprehensive M&E strategies for program design and proposals.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) (35%)
Develop M&E plans for projects in PCI’s Human Trafficking Prevention portfolio, ensuring that M&E systems and tools produce relevant, timely, quality data that are responsive to the project MLE strategy as well as compliance with reporting requirements.
Manage the project-level M&E plans, including activities related to data collection, data entry, data management, and data analysis.
Lead development of qualitative and quantitative reports in line with reporting needs and requirements for individual giving and various funding mechanisms.
Learning and Knowledge Management (20%)
Facilitate feedback loops to utilize program data to inform program planning and program improvement.
Design and establish knowledge sharing platforms including case studies, workshops and forums to disseminate lessons & best practices.
Identify, document and share best practices and success stories both internally and externally.
Enhance the visibility of the Human Trafficking Prevention portfolio by seeking and submitting publication opportunities in academic journals and other reputable sources.
Manage the Institutional Review Board (IRB) process and ensure the compliance of the Human Trafficking Prevention portfolio.
Program Quality Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation (MLE) Coordination (20%)
Liaison between PCI and external stakeholders such as the San Diego Trafficking Prevention Collective and Rescue Agency to share data that supports program development and/or M&E needs
Manage efficient data sharing systems with partners and external evaluation team in the San Diego Trafficking Prevention Collective.
Collaborate and share best practices and lessons learned with PCI’s international gender and empowerment programs and M&E units.
Position Parameters/Special Responsibilities Required:
Must be available for occasional local travel (within California and US)
May require extended hours during peak periods
Available for telephone consultation on evenings and weekends
Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives
Other duties as assigned
San Diego, California, United States
- Advanced degree in relevant field including statistics/biostatistics, epidemiology, social science, public health, criminal justice, youth development, or related field
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation for community development programming; understanding and experience in qualitative and quantitative data gathering and how data relates to program design, management and quality; and experience in the analysis of large and small data sets for projects and for quality assurance purposes
- Working knowledge of ethical standards in working with vulnerable populations
- Cultural sensitivity
- Proficiency with database and spreadsheet programs, including Excel
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis package, such as SPSS or R
- Proficiency with qualitative analysis software, such as NVivo
- Strong skills in effectively presenting data to a variety of audiences to facilitate evidence-based decision making
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and coordination of team process skills
- Detail-oriented and able to produce results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing learning agendas and/or identifying and documenting best practices and lessons learned, preferred
- Experience leading key informant interviews and focus groups discussions
- Knowledge and understanding of human trafficking and youth empowerment programs
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, taking input and guidance from a variety of staff
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI