Medicines for Humanity (MFH) is a non-profit organization with the mission is to save the lives of vulnerable children. MFH works in areas of high child mortality. We collaborate with and empower committed in-country partners to strengthen maternal and child health in the communities we serve. The MFH Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator will be responsible for working with MFH’s Program Services team, Haiti Country Coordinator and in-country partners on program planning, monitoring and evaluation. He/she will assist in updating monitoring and evaluation tools, coordinating Haiti program evaluations, gathering monitoring data with partners, and contributing to M&E efforts for MFH projects worldwide.
Haiti Specific – Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation
• Actively participate in strategic vision for programming and partnerships in Haiti;
• Collaborate and work extensively with Haiti Country Coordinator, Program Assistant, and project partners to plan for and develop country-level monitoring and evaluation components for MFH as needed with a focus on measuring impact and improvement;
• Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans for individual project;
• Manage data collection for monthly, quarterly and annual data from project partners and MFH including establishing data collection tools, processes, entering data and analysis;
• Assist in the development and implementation of mixed methods program evaluation designs, such as baselines and endlines, KAPs, etc. as required;
• Collaborate with Haiti Country Coordinator, partners, consultants, and in-country experts to conduct program evaluations;
• Train partners, volunteers, and paid assistants on data collection methodology;
• Monitor and ensure the quality of field work and data management during evaluation implementation.
• Conduct data entry, management and analysis during evaluations;
• Assist in report writing and dissemination efforts with the MFH team;
• Collaborate with Haiti Country Coordinator to write and complete quarterly reports;
• Provide regular data updates/feedback to MFH Haiti team and partners on project progress in accordance with goals, indicators, data outputs and completed activities;
• Develop needs/asset assessments to determine needs for future projects;
• Conduct quarterly focus groups with project participants to record qualitative progress, collect stories and better understand project impacts. Collaborate with Development team and share data and write summaries of data for use in MFH marketing materials;
• Write quarterly project impact stories in collaboration with partners;
RLPT Pilot Study
• Assist supervisor in the development of the clinical tools pilot study in the Respire Lavi Pou Timoun (RLPT) project;
• Oversee the direct management of the pilot study in coordination with Haiti team and supervisor;
• Design monitoring tools for utilization of diagnostic tools in target clinics and with CHWs;
• Assist in pilot study trainings on meters for clinical staff and CHWs;
• Regularly gather monitoring data and analyze for impact;
• Develop evaluation tools to determine impact of clinical tools;
• Assist in the analysis and reporting of pilot study results;
• Conduct regular site visits to monitor evaluation progress.
USAID- IFRP Project Final Evaluation
• Assist supervisor and Haiti Country Coordinator finalize methodology and tools for final USAID- IFRP project evaluation including quantitative surveys, document review, focus groups, etc;
• Conduct training for partners and CHWs on data collection;
• Oversee data collection among partner sites;
• Analyze results from distribution one partners to determine changes in nutrition indicators;
• Data entry and analysis of household surveys and other collection methods;
• Assist in writing evaluation report for USAID.
Global Monitoring and Evaluation
• Provide technical assistance on MFH’s global monitoring and evaluation programming, including strategic planning, development and implementation of M&E plans, exploring various modes of research to put in place, assessment of global MFH indicators and make improvements, etc;
• Support the Program Service Department with developing and writing of evaluation methodologies and protocols, developing tools, evaluation implementation, and analysis globally;
• Assist in writing articles on global M&E efforts as requested;
• Participate in MFH staff, donors, and other partner visits and meetings;
• Regularly write or make reports on project progress and clinic outcomes for MFH or donor as necessary;
• Participate in Haiti Country Team Meetings, Project Quarterly Report Meetings, MFH Global Staff Meetings and other important MFH events or meetings as requested;
• Assist Country Coordinator with management items as requested, especially upon absence of Haiti Country Coordinator;
Networking and collaboration
• Identify and attend cluster and partner meetings in the Health, Nutrition, and WASH sectors in Port au Prince;
• Provide briefs on partner meeting outcomes to Program Manager for LAC within one week of meeting;
• Assist in identifying potential partnerships with congregations of women religious, NGO partners and government bodies;
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Position open to Haitian nationals only.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health or Program Evaluation, Doctorate degree or advanced certifications a plus;
- At least three years of experience in direct monitoring and evaluation of health programs in Haiti;
- Familiarity with maternal and child health, nutrition, clinical services and community health programs;
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Proficiency in statistical software such as SPSS or SAS; Proficiency in qualitative data analysis software is a plus.
- Fluency in Haitian Creole and French required, proficiency in English desired;
- Strong organizational and communication skills required;
- Experience as a trainer/facilitator desired;
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed;
- Passionate and committed to this work;
- Can work effectively with a team, providing guidance and direction to internal staff and external project partners as needed;
- Ability to travel to project sites within Haiti as requested with some overnight visits required.