The Marketing Manager is a senior team member in the Strategic Communications and External Affairs unit, responsible for the branding and position of Pathfinder to cultivate a growing network of supporters and fundraise. The Marketing Manager is passionate about brand identity and voice, loves project managing, keeps up with trends in digital marketing and fundraising, and enjoys working on multiple projects simultaneously.
Pathfinder was founded more than sixty years ago based on the belief that every man and woman, worldwide, should have access to safe, modern contraception. Today we work in 20 countries, rooted in a community-based service model that our founders, Sarah and Dr. Clarence Gamble, pioneered. We are committed to expanding access to quality sexual and reproductive health services and closing the gap between the number of women who want to use birth control and those who get that chance.
This position can be based in either Washington, D.C. or Boston, MA.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead a global creative team, including in-house talent, external vendors, and freelancers to develop and execute a persuasive marketing strategy to position Pathfinder as a leader in sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Oversee the digital team to implement marketing campaigns and strategies that raise Pathfinder’s visibility as well as fundraise through online channels and social media.
Build Pathfinder’s repertoire of in-house and external sources to contribute to our communications and marketing efforts, including reviewing current contracted firms and freelancers and recruiting new talent.
Responsible for communications planning and content creation. Ensures the timely production of Pathfinder’s newsletter, annual report, e-newsletter, brochures, press releases, success stories, and other external communications.
Keeping up with market trends, emerging marketing and digital tools and technology, and fundraising applications.
Liaise with other units at Pathfinder and our country offices to gather information, collaborate, and ensure accuracy of all communications.
Represent Pathfinder at external events including conferences, meetings, and special events.
Recruit, retains, and develops a professional team of communications and marketing experts. Directly supervises several staff members
Tracks budget and performance metrics for the communications and marketing team. Responsible for managing the team to meet its targets and problem-solving with the Director when needed.
Other responsibilities as required.
- You are personable, enjoy working in teams and with colleagues in a global organization.
- You are organized and meticulous when it comes to project management.
- You have direct supervisory experience and enjoy leading cross-functional teams.
- You are passionate about sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- You are an excellent communicator and enjoy writing.
- You have experience managing integrated campaigns that combine traditional and digital media.
- You are an experienced digital communicator and fundraiser and keep up with the latest market trends.
- You can manage sensitive information and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- You like a challenge. No task is too big or too small.
- You are willing to go above and beyond to get the job done.
- You have a bachelors degree or equivalent.
- You have 7+ years in related work experience
- You can live and work in either Washington, D.C. or Watertown, MA.
- You have extensive experience working with technology including Skype, Microsoft office suite, Luminate, WordPress, etc. and are capable of working on a global team based in multiple offices and time zones.
- You are an explorer and interested in travel – both domestically and internationally.
- You are conversant or fluent in multiple languages.
- You have a background in global development, reproductive health, or public health.