Job title Market Landscape Specialist
Department Asia and Eastern Europe
Based in Dhaka, Bangladesh
Reports to the Senior Advisor Service Design
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI, together with a team of international and local partners, will implement the USAID-funded Advancing UHC in Bangladesh (AUHC) project to transform the world’s largest NGO network of maternal and health (MCH) clinics across 64 districts in Bangladesh into a sustainable, pro-poor social enterprise to advance the country’s progress toward universal health coverage.
We are looking for a self-motivated Market Landscape Specialist who can apply a multi-disciplinary approach to understand the forces that affect supply and demand of products and services within health area markets. This individual will be responsible for guiding PSI’s application of its market development approach to inform and support the network transformation. The position is for the term of one year.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for public health, possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and drive high-quality work to meet prescribed deadlines. Collaborating closely with members the Project Team and with PSI’s Global Marketing team, the Market Landscape Specialist will engage diverse stakeholders, including clinic owners and managers, commercial sector healthcare players, governments, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders to understand the primary healthcare market in Bangladesh and identify incentives and barriers to improve market performance. The Advisor must be able to interpret and synthesize complex and technical inputs to provide a deep understanding and robust evidence base to inform market strategy recommendations.
Sound like you? Read on!
In this role you will work with the Project Team and coordinate closely with PSI’s global marketing team to lead the landscape analysis in Bangladesh which includes:
Mapping of coverage and competitive landscape analysis, including:
* Develop a comprehensive picture of current state of service provision, gaps therein, and constraints to improved performance
* Map target areas where clinics are currently functioning
* Understand the competitive context of existing service locations and modes of delivery
* Identify proximity to and capacity of other service outlets
* Determine potential referral options and partners within the catchment area
* Identify opportunities for expanding product and service offerings
Identify health-seeking behavior and service preferences:
* Identify client needs and preferences to feed into desirable and affordable service packages
* Understand how clients learn about health information and services to feed into design of marketing and outreach campaigns
* Identify willingness to pay for service packages
* Establish baseline for setting targets and developing strategies to improve health outcomes in catchment areas