Are you an out-going, creative leader in communications, knowledge management, and advocacy? Is your
passion working with global and regional partners on important health issues, especially immunization? Do you have excellent and dynamic communications and leadership skills?
The primary function of the Manager, Knowledge Management and Communications – Immunization is to
support CORE Group’s current and expanding global portfolio of immunization projects, COVID-19
response, and community health initiatives. This position will support global and regional advocacy efforts, especially in Francophone Africa, working with GAVI, UN partners, CORE Group members, NGOs, country/regional/global immunization experts, and other stakeholders. The manager will support a Gavi-funded project in 7 Sahelian countries communications efforts such newsletters, press releases, video promotions, and email announcements, as well as all advocacy and knowledge management activities.
The Manager will play a role in providing advocacy technical assistance to regional and global partners on
reaching zero-dose children, immunization strategies and equity in Immunization, community
engagement, surveillance, and emergency response and preparedness in the context of COVID-19.
Download the full Job Description here Manager_Advocacy Communications-RAISE4Sahel
- Must be bi-lingual, written and oral, in French and English
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Communication or Marketing.
- A strong background in Immunization. Excellent knowledge of GAVI 5.0, IA2030, polio
eradication initiatives, and other global and regional immunization strategies
- Five to seven years progressively responsible experience working with global health programs
supporting health, infectious diseases, immunization, or development programs is required.
- Knowledge of emergency response/fragile states programming helpful.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in marketing , knowledge management, and communications; proven ability to develop a successful strategic communications and messaging program targeting a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and
environment is a must.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork, cultural competency, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills
- Must have ability and history of managing people, providing mentorship and support for growth in the communications, advocacy, campaign implementation methods, as well as experience working with interns or volunteers.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communications skills in English and French and ability to communicate complex technical information to a variety of audiences and stakeholders including senior-level managers, country-level health officials, UN, senior level USG delegations, inter-agency partners and host government counterparts is required. French skills highly desirable.
- Gender and health systems strengthening expertise helpful. A deep appreciation for and ability to articulate to diverse audiences, the mission, achievements, and contributions of CORE Group; a record of success as an innovative and collaborative leader in a mission-driven organization with numerous and distributed stakeholders.
- Proven ability to execute a communications strategy across all platforms–traditional, digital, and social.
- Exemplary writing and interpersonal communications skills; a refined and nuanced ability to craft content, create connections, and disseminate messages in ways that reflect, engage, and enhance various complex community and cultural perspectives.
- Excellent creative and design sensibilities, with a strong understanding of the communications
process from creative concept through production and execution. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva preferred.
For more details on the required qualifications, the full Job Description here Manager_Advocacy Communications-RAISE4Sahel
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Use
“Manager_KM & Communications_Last Name” as the subject line – no phone calls please.
Only potential interviewees will be contacted.