CORE, Inc. (CORE Group) is a leader in global community health, working to end preventable maternal, newborn, and child deaths around the world. We have a comparative advantage through collaborative action to promote and safeguard health in communities and create new models for reaching the most marginalized populations. As a neutral, trusted platform for a coalition of more than 100 members, we work together with the broader global health community to foster collaboration and learning, strengthen technical capacity, develop innovative tools and resources, and scale evidence-based approaches to improving health.
Learn more here: www.coregroup.org.
CORE Group is seeking highly motivated individuals for a Knowledge Management Lead position for the USAID MOMENTUM (Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health) APS Round 2C “MOMENTUM Monitoring and Evaluation, Knowledge Management and Translation”. MOMENTUM Round 2C seeks to ensure the systematic collection, analysis, synthesis, translation, and dissemination of learning from across the entire suite of MOMENTUM awards. This will include support to MOMENTUM awards for effective monitoring and evaluation, facilitation of learning and knowledge sharing across MOMENTUM awards, and collaboration with all MOMENTUM awards to tell the collective story of MOMENTUM’s impact in MNCH/FP/RH at the global and country levels.
The Knowledge Management Lead will be responsible for developing and implementing the MOMENTUM 2C knowledge management strategy which seeks to collect knowledge, connect people and facilitate learning through innovative KM and adaptive management approaches and to strengthen capacity and create sharing and learning opportunities. The lead will maintain close liaison with the MOMENTUM 2C management team, consortium partners and USAID.
This position is contingent upon award from USAID.
- Manage a knowledge management and adaptive management team to ensure prioritization of activities, quality of execution, alignment with program goals, and collaboration within the MOMENTUM 2C award.
- Lead and facilitate the process to develop and implement a knowledge management strategy that will take into consideration the internal operation of the award as well the award’s “clients” (i.e. other MOMENTUM awards, USAID missions, implementers, etc.).
- Work with the Communications team to create an information dissemination strategy which recognizes the dual role of communications in this award (i.e. Congressional needs of telling the story versus learning and knowledge to improve programming).
- Collaborate with the program team leads to develop and implement a learning agenda for the award as well as identify opportunities for capacity building and tool creation based upon collected data.
- Provide thought leadership to identify new sustainable approaches to knowledge sharing, adaptive learning and capacity development; provide strategic guidance to the development and sustainability of regional knowledge hubs
- Convene, design and facilitate stakeholder consultations, conferences, capacity building workshops, and knowledge sharing opportunities to promote peer-to-peer learning and cross-organizational collaboration. Ensure capacity building is strengthened in evidence and data utilization, collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA).
- Provide input into operating and workplans, drawing links between the cross-sectoral teams, to maintain the strategic vision and goals of the program.
- An advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) plus a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in global health, knowledge management, organizational learning, and capacity strengthening strongly desired.
- Significant experience with USAID programs.
- Proven project management skills, and ability to work with diverse and highly skilled personnel in team environment
- Proven facilitation and collaboration skills working with multi-level stakeholders, including technical and subject matter experts, donor agencies, local partners, researchers and others
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to develop others and to impart knowledge and experience in an accessible and clear manner;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required