CORE Group fosters collaborative action and learning to improve and expand community- focused public health practices. Established in 1997 in Washington D.C., CORE Group is an independent not-for-profit organization, and home of the Community Health Network, which brings together CORE Group member organizations, scholars, advocates and donors to support the health of underserved mothers, children and communities around the world.
The Knowledge Management (KM) & Communications Team strengthens knowledge-sharing and communications between CORE Group, its membership, and the broader global health and international development community to advocate for key community health activities and messages, and to demonstrate CORE Group’s value and impact in the field.
The purpose of this position is to assist the KM & Communications Team with all communications and knowledge management-related projects and tasks. This internship reports to the KM & Communications Manager and KM & Communications Associate.
The internship will be 20 hours/week starting early February 2019 and ending in mid-late May 2019, with the potential to continue through the summer. The hours and schedule are flexible depending on the intern’s availability.
A stipend will be given out at the end of the internship. Course credit may also be available.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with website testing and improvements.
- Test website features on different web browsers and note any inconsistencies, errors, and recommendations for improvement.
- Assist with creating a system for publications management, i.e. catalog CORE’s publications internally, upload to the website’s Resource Library, and research and create a report on an effective a feedback/follow-up process to capture impact and value of the publications.
- Assist the team in updating website elements to ensure 508 Compliance.
- Provide planning and execution support for CORE Group events, including in- person and online events.
- Assist with promotional outreach.
- Help create and update event pages on CORE Group’s website.
- Help prepare materials for events, including signage and registration sheets.
- Attend events as needed to assist with setup, registration, microphone running, note taking, etc.
- Support the development and updating of a participant tracking sheet for all events.
- Support the development of an effective a feedback/follow-up process to capture impact and value of event attendance on participant learning.
- Gather and monitor content for CORE Group’s quarterly newsletter that highlights key events, resources, opportunities, news, and job announcements relevant to the community.
- Support production of CORE Group’s blog and expert series, i.e. liaise with the co-chairs of CORE Group’s Technical Working Groups and Interest Groups for thematic blog post submissions; copy edit blog post submissions; and help conduct video interviews with global health experts.
- Assist with updating digital communications platforms, including social media and email lists.
- Monitor Twitter, particularly members’ profiles for content curation and further dissemination.
- Demonstrated interest and ability can lead to increased management of social media
- Support architecture and management of email lists.
- Assist with other knowledge management and communications activities as needs arise.
- Demonstrated understanding of current developments in the field of public communication, knowledge management, development planning and processes, and communication platforms including website management (WordPress) and social media.
- Interest/experience in international development issues, particularly global health, is
- Experience in Microsoft Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple
- Must have the ability to work under pressure with flexibility in a team
- Basic layout and design skills
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish