Urgent Immediate Hire
CORE, Inc. (CORE Group) is a leader in global community health, working to end preventable maternal, newborn, and child deaths around the world. We have a comparative advantage through collaborative action to promote and safeguard health in communities and create new models for reaching the most marginalized populations. As a neutral, trusted platform for a coalition of more than 210 members, we work together with the broader global health community to foster collaboration and learning, strengthen technical capacity, develop innovative tools and resources, and scale evidence-based approaches to improve health. Learn more here: www.coregroup.org
CORE Group seeks to hire a Knowledge and Communications Manager, to support CORE Group’s USAID-funded ‘Agency for All‘ award, over a period of up to 5 years.
‘Agency for All (Afor All)‘ is a consortium for collaborative learning on agency and social and behavior change. The project goal is to improve and sustain health and agency for women, girls, and communities. To this end, Agency for All (AforAll) will create locally led, equitable partnerships focused on understanding agency and its ability to convert intentions into action within social and behavior change (SBC) programs. Consortium partners are The Center on Gender Equity and Health (GEH) at the University of California San Diego (UCSD) (prime), CORE Group, Save the Children, Makerere University, Matchbology, Promundo-US, IPPF, and others.
The Knowledge and Communications Manager will be part of the consortium Senior Leadership Team for the project and work with the Sr. Advisor SBC research for CORE Group, to achieve the deliverables.
The Knowledge and Communications Manager will work with Consortium members to achieve the Research Utilization (RU) strategy especially for Communications and Collaboration, to ensure new evidence impacts practice and policy.
The Knowledge and Communications Manager will work with project partners to develop regional hubs (East/West Africa and South Asia) to engage key RU actors throughout the research life cycle by developing strong and efficient communication linkages and creating an enabling environment for partnership; Provide feedback on communications for widespread equitable engagement, and other project activities and responsibilities related to knowledge management, learning and Communications.
General responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
Develop and oversee the implementation of Agency for All’s Communications and KM Strategy.
- Develop the Communications and KM Strategy based on Agency for All workplan and project plans and objectives. The strategy should include an implementation plan with measurable outcomes.
- Maintain a communications calendar with key events, dates, and deadlines throughout the year.
- Identify print, digital, and in-person information channels to communicate with key audiences and develop Agency for All awareness and partnership opportunities, in a collaborative and inclusive manner, for partners across the globe.
- Conduct regular monitoring and annual evaluation of communications and knowledge management inputs, outputs and outcomes and adjust the strategy as needed, with input from project partners.
- Lead Communications and Knowledge Management workshops and learning sessions with project partners, in an inclusive and collaborative manner.
Strengthen collaboration and cross-learning between Agency for All partners and SBC research end-users globally.
- Manage overall communications during the planning, execution, and follow-up of Agency for All events, as they develop in the workplan, which may include agenda setting, planning committee meetings, abstract reviews, event promotion, press and news media coordination, materials procurement, knowledge capture during events, and reporting and dissemination after events. Provide additional event support as needed. Events may be domestic, international, or virtual.
- Work closely with the project partners and regional hubs of learning to conduct community outreach in-person and/or online to strengthen knowledge sharing and solicit input on community needs.
Develop and Manage Agency for All online platforms, including websites and social media.
- Actively seek out new and creative ways to effectively develop and reach Afor All’s growing network around the world via online platforms.
- Lead maintenance and enhancement of CORE Group’s website to develop the Agency for All webpages and content, with new and engaging content, including news/announcements, new resources, events, job postings, project updates, and more.
- Liaise with website developer on more in-depth and longer-term website adjustments and improvements for Agency for All.
- Lead development, maintenance and enhancement of Agency for All’s social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube, ensuring active engagement on all accounts.
- Monitor website and social media statistics, developing and analyzing quarterly reports, and providing recommendations to increase online traffic and engagement.
- Ensure 508 Compliance, USAID Digital regulations and other compliance measures.
Develop, update, and disseminate Agency for All’s knowledge products and communications materials.
- Contribute to the content and design of the Agency for All quarterly and annual reports.
- Collect stories, create, and publish the quarterly Agency for All e-newsletter, sharing out the latest from the project to new and emerging audiences. Cultivate a Community of practice and map existing Communications networks that will be interested in the Agency for All products.
- Lead creation of Agency for All promotional materials, including one-pagers, brochures, presentations, case stories, etc.
- Conduct interviews with Agency for All’s partners at events and on-line/in-person consultation, to develop new promotional materials, learning materials, case stories, etc. through a variety of media (print, online, video, etc.).
- Work with project partners to finalize new tools, manuals, technical briefs, etc., including copyediting, layout, design, printing, and dissemination.
- Manage hiring and supervision of consultants as needed for design, translation, video editing, etc.
- Keep an inventory of all Agency for All Knowledge and Communications materials.
Collaboration and Development of Partner Relationships
- In collaboration with the Consortium members, actively engaging with government, donors, and local organizations involved in the SBCC sector and beyond, in order to promote collaborative planning toward long-term sustainable solutions, through a Knowledge Management and Communications lens.
- Establish and maintain productive collaborative relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders
- Participate in and contribute to coordination meetings at the global or local levels.
- Work with USAID and other partners on project goals, objectives, and timelines. Contribute to technical reports and technical briefs, as well as program reports.
- Other duties as requested, and as the project develops.
- Work with CORE Group’s SBC Working Group to cultivate ideas, share information and promote research utilization of knowledge products.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree or higher in Communications, Marketing, Public Health or Social Sciences with 7-10 years of experience.
- Experience with USAID projects and Communications/Knowledge Management is necessary.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to capture, synthesize, and present programming and organizational successes and lessons learned. Demonstrated ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing.
- Experience managing websites and social media. WordPress experience preferred. Must be highly proficient in website content management, design and be able to update website regularly.
- Experience with webinars and online learning platforms (Zoom, WebEx preferred).
- Proficiency with Canva or Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Premiere). Graphic design experience a plus.
- Experience with email marketing tools such as Constant Contact or MailChimp.
- Photography and video production/editing skills preferred.
- Basic layout and design skills helpful.
- Willingness to travel internationally 10%. Experience working globally/in-country and experience working in multicultural environment necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm and organized under pressure.
- Experience in supervising contractors and/or interns.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in written English. Knowledge of French a plus.
- Certification in Knowledge Management a plus. • Creativity, independence, and entrepreneurial spirit encouraged.
- Knowledge of USG initiatives related to development assistance, USAID programming policies, regulations, procedures, and documentation requirements for communications and digital strategies, necessary.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and environment.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork, cultural competency, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communications skills in English and ability to communicate complex technical information to a variety of audiences and stakeholders including senior-level managers, country-level health officials, UN, senior level USG delegations, inter-agency partners and host government counterparts.
- Fluency in French is highly desirable.