- Joint USG/PEPFAR Chief of Party, Country Representative
- Based in Maseru, Lesotho
- Reports to the Deputy Regional Director, Southern Africa
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job. Join us!
PSI Lesotho is a dynamic organization with an established track-record in providing HIV Prevention, Treatment, Care and Support. In addition to male and female condom social marketing, the HIV program includes large scale Testing and Counseling, Voluntary Male Circumcision, ART provision and post-test support services – all increasingly integrated with sexual and reproductive health services including family planning and cervical cancer screening. PSI Lesotho’s primary funding partners include USAID, CDC, DoD and Vodafone Foundation. An HIV Self-Testing project funded by UNITAID will launch soon.
PSI Lesotho believes in achieving outstanding results through attracting, nurturing and retaining the best talent. PSI is seeking candidates with demonstrated technical, managerial and leadership qualities to serve as a joint Chief of Party for its USG-funded programs and the PSI Country Representative in Lesotho. For the right candidate, PSI Lesotho offers an opportunity to manage both an established and growing portfolio of innovative HIV projects which will contribute to turning the tide of the HIV epidemic in one of the worst-affected countries in Africa. Sound like you? Read on.
- Leadership of a senior management team including departmental heads of teams responsible for: marketing and communications; technical services; strategic evidence and research; finance & administration; and human resources;
- Partnership and representation of PSI Lesotho with multiple donors, government and TWGs, NGO, and commercial entities;
- Rapid advancement of objectives for all projects in PSI Lesotho's portfolio;
- Building a culture of routine data generation and use to inform programmatic decision-making;
- Identification of opportunities for synergies and efficiencies among multiple projects and portfolios;
- Rapid identification of potential challenges or roadblocks and collaborative, pro-active approaches to overcoming them; deploying timely technical assistance as appropriate;
- Oversight of internal controls and accountability mechanisms;
- Program development, including further innovation within existing program areas and expansion into new areas;
- Demonstrating and promoting an ethical environment, in line with PSI's values of honesty and acting with integrity;
- Developing and maintaining systems that ensure the safety and security of the team and PSI assets in all aspects of its work per best practices, PSI operating standards and field realities;
- Liaising with the Global Security Department and Deputy Regional Director on crucial events, high-risk periods, incident reporting and security policy changes.
- You have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience managing and implementing HIV testing and treatment programs in sub-Saharan Africa at the national and sub-national levels. Preference for previous experience in programs targeting key populations;
- You have experience addressing HIV prevention and treatment approaches in line with UNAIDS's 90-90-90 by 2020 goals;
- You have experience integrating gender considerations across all project areas with special emphasis on GBV prevention and care;
- You have experience managing budgets from a variety of funders in excess of $5m annually. Exerience with USG funders (USAID, CDC, DoD) strongly preferred;
- You have demonstrated experience working with host country governments, a diversity of funders, and providing support to local organizations;
- You have routinely used research and M&E data to inform programmatic decisions and assure cost effectiveness;
- You possess strong program management skills and experience interacting with, managing and mentoring a broad range of project staff;
- You have demonstrated strong leadership, communications, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and cultural sensitivity.