- Inventory Accounting Manager Department: Finance
- Based in Washington DC
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Systems and Reporting
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job. Join us!
The Finance department supports the Global operations of PSI. This includes operations in 60+ countries. Inventory is funded by various donors and PSI’s unrestricted funds to support the organization’s mission. PSI distributes both through sales and free distribution a variety of health products. During 2016, PSI was responsible for 707 million condoms and 42 million malaria nets in globally. Our focus in distributing products both through commercial and non-commercial channels gives this role an interesting challenge to help us improve not only our inventory accounting practices but also support the organization by providing inventory use analysis and reporting.
The role will be responsible for overseeing the analysis and review of all transactions relating to Inventory Accounting, to ensure inventory, and related revenue and expense values are recorded timely and accurately in the organization’s financial statements. The Inventory Accounting Manager will evaluate trends, performance and provide recommendations to management relating to the efficient execution of inventory management. Additionally, the Manager is accountable for continually assessing, motivating, and coaching each of his/her direct reports. Sound like you? Read on.
- Manage team deliverables which includes the following:
- 1. Ensure accurate and timely completion of month-end close process, which includes validation of interfaces and account reconciliations of multiple systems such as Infor/Lawson, QuickBooks Enterprise.
- 2. Reconciliation of all inventory, inventory in-transit, prepaid inventory and related liability, revenue accrual, cost of goods sold accounts.
- Develop and maintain working relationship with the Procurement and Accounts Payable to design process improvements to help strengthen the inventory controls.
- Develop inventory analysis reports which also supports costing and marketing needs.
- Monitor inventory in-transit and coordinate with Procurement and country office for timely booking of inventory.
- Support internal and external audit (both HQ and country offices) which includes providing auditors with timely and accurate information during year-end audit.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or equivalent preferred
- 5 – 8 years of experience as an inventory or cost accountant in retail or wholesale business industry with 3 – 4 years of supervisory experience
- Solid working knowledge of major ERP, inventory and accounting systems, preferably Infor/Lawson.
- Advance working knowledge of Excel is required and proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment.