Instructional Designer Consultant Global Marketing Short term contract (Anticipated 6 months to a year)
Who we are
PSI is one of the leading social marketing organizations in the world – focused on delivering healthcare solutions to consumers in over 55 developing countries. PSI works across five major health areas – modern contraceptives & safe abortion, HIV, malaria, sanitation and NCDs – delivering a range of products, services and behavior change programs that help people live a healthier life.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job. Partner with us!
PSI wants to re-imagine healthcare, to put the consumer at the center, and wherever possible — bring care to the front door. To re-imagine healthcare, we’ll help fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare. In order to achieve this vision, we will leverage our best marketing acumen – building strong market understanding and deep consumer insights to inform the design of effective marketing solutions that will shape health markets and drive healthy behaviors.
PSI is seeking a partner to support the development and implementation of the roll-out and capacity building plan for our new Marketing Planning process. This would include designing a successful roll-out and capacity building plan for our new Marketing planning process to achieve the following goals: create widespread awareness and understanding of the new marketing planning process across the PSI world; generate excitement about the new approach; and drive effective adoption of the process by implementers to deliver quality marketing plans. Sound like you? Read on.
- Assess needs of different target audiences within PSI to refine objectives and learning style.
- Conduct 'audit' of existing PSI tools and previous learning experiences to identify which approaches are most effective and useful for our audiences.
- Review tools and guidance that have been developed for PSI's new marketing planning process and provide recommendations for how to optimize these to maximize understanding and ease of use, including developing new bridging content as needed.
- Conduct expert interviews with key marketing staff to better understand concepts and tools that make up the new marketing planning process.
- Create a consolidated, engaging toolkit and materials for the Marketing Planning process to be delivered through relevant channels (with a focus on leveraging PSI's online channels), with easy to follow guidance for use.
- Work with a graphic designer to ensure toolkit design is harmonized with learning objectives
- Identify additional capacity building needs and design of training plan tailored to these requirements and audience preferences.
- Provide a recommendation for implementation of training plan across PSI world 2018-2020.
- Degree in Instructional Design, Education, or relevant field.
- Five years of experience in instructional design, training, needs assessments, etc.
- Previous experience in analyzing the target audience learning needs and developing and implementing instructional content.
- Proven ability to develop simple guidelines for complex processes.
- Ability to develop training content that meets training needs.
- Appreciation for marketing approaches is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills required. We will ask selected individuals/agencies to present a (verbal and written) pitch explaining their approach to the brief, outlining relevant experience/expertise and projected timeline and budget for delivery.