YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY …
providing essential information that helps strengthen Action Against Hunger’s (AAH) relationship with USAID and other US government donors. This role will have prime responsibility for cultivating and managing relationships with institutional and government donors to advance our shared global objectives and reports to the leadership in Impact and Resource Mobilization. The incumbent assists senior leadership in their work to define and implement a global donor engagement strategy that nets increased US government funding. They will be accountable for gathering and disseminating information and tracking donor ever-changing requirements. They will also maintain effective knowledge portals or hubs so that country, HQ, and other colleagues are able to find current information quickly.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
Disseminating information about the core elements of USG documentation of critical business and operational information, including documents such as forecasts, solicitations, donor meetings, requirements, and USG partner information
Supporting the IDRU Director to track, aggregate, and disseminate information on USG proposal success rates, donor feedback on specific proposals, partnerships with implementing partners, etc. across all members organizations
Coordinating across more than one country or region the discussions that facilitate the network’s review of such bid opportunities. When necessary facilitate discussions to ensure the best-informed bid decision. Once a bid decision has been made the proposal development efforts are passed to the appropriate business development unit.
Pro-actively exchanging and building information sharing across network members and with other donor relations officers across the Action Against Hunger International Network.
Responding to inquiries from within the network on matters pertaining to USG information, and direct such inquiries to the appropriate parties or source. Follow up such “hotline” requests and ensure timely responses.
Aligning with senior leadership and in consultation with other colleagues, initiate, develop and manage the relationship with high priority USG offices and administrations to ensure the expansion of the existing funding portfolio align with AAH’s country and thematic strategic priorities and the donor engagement strategy. Directed by senior leadership, communicate with these high-priority targets the achievements and successes of AAH (program, research, assessment, situation report, etc.)
Facilitating, scheduling, and coordinating the AAH technical and program presentations to USG officials and leaders and ensure meeting results are communicated with key stakeholders.
- Bachelors Degree in Related Field
- 2 or more years of experience gathering critical business intelligence, ideally in the international humanitarian and development sector.
- Familiarity with designing information flow and data management
- Familiarity with accessing public data concerning the USG funding cycles and priorities
- Familiarity with the development of business pipelines, utilization of CRMs and other software as appropriate
- Expert experience in data coding, impact reports, access to data portals, and use of SharePoint or similar platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including demonstration of cultural awareness, diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Applications.
- Fluent written & spoken English, and preference for at least one other foreign language either French or Spanish
- Prior knowledge of USAID, US State Department, and/or strategic USAID implementation