The Information Systems Development Intern (Intern) will be placed at the Data Analytics Hub. The Intern will assist the Senior Information’s Systems Technical Advisor in the documentation, planning, development, and management of IT systems, throughout the Bureau for Global Health. S/He will work closely with the Senior IS Technical Advisor in engaging with customers, within the Bureau, to develop these projects, following the full SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and PMP (Project Management Professional) and Agile methodologies.
- Currently enrolled masters or other post-bachelor’s degree candidate or completion of such within the past 12 months.
- Experience in object-oriented design and experience with software development frameworks, such as ASP.Net and CakePHP.
- Experience in database design and database management systems, such as MS SQL, MySQL, or Oracle.
- Experience in graphic design and user experience development.
- Experience in developing, configuring, and managing open source content management systems, such as Drupal.
- Ability to participate in a 1-2-week field experience.
- US citizenship or US permanent residency required.