Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60-year legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion worth of medicines to local health care organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from the ground up and responded to humanitarian crises worldwide.
This position is responsible for providing oversight of the volunteer program and professional level support in the areas of general HR. HR Generalist will manage the volunteer needs of the organization – including volunteer recruitment, engagement, deployment, retention and recognition. This position will work closely with the HR team to assist with various HR functions.
1. Provide direction and thought leadership to ensure an impactful and comprehensive volunteer program with added value to the organization
2. Implement full-cycle volunteer management including recruitment, orientation, , deployment, evaluation, retention and recognition of Project HOPE’s global volunteers.
3. Maintain and update documents including Volunteer Handbook, Volunteer Agreement, internal and external volunteer checklists, phone interview template, exit interview template, post-service surveys from field and volunteer, and memorandum of understanding (MOU) template for partnerships.
4. Conduct monitoring and evaluation to show impact of program and develop periodic reports by inputting and compiling data, ensuring quality of data, tracking key indicators, compiling statistics from post-service surveys and compiling volunteers testimonials.
5. Ensure volunteer practices are compliant with HOPE policies, local and international laws.
6. Identify partnerships or collaborations with institutions and/or organizations to expand HOPE’s volunteer network.
7. Recruit volunteers for official emergency response roster, keep current members’ credentials up-to-date, ensure training is completed, and provide to support to actively deployed emergency response volunteers.
8. Coordinate with Communications Dept staff to maintain a Project HOPE Volunteers social media and online presence.
9. Provide support and guidance to field offices on best practices for engagement of local volunteers, as needed.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Provide additional assistance to recruiter as needed during busy recruitment times.
2. Support the HR needs of the proposal development team and provide back-up support as needed.
3. Carries out various ad hoc HR projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
1. 3-5 years’ experience in Volunteer Management and/or general HR, required.
2. Associates degree or equivalent experience, required
3. Experience in International Humanitarian recruitment and/or Global Health recruitment preferred
4. Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume (at times) environment
5. Creative problem solver with strong attention to details, organization and follow-up skills.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
7. Strong skills in Word, Excel, and web-based technologies (Facebook, Survey Monkey, HRIS, and Volunteer Management systems)
8. Ability to work with all levels of the organization and handle high levels of confidentiality
9. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work across departments and interact professionally and tactfully with employees and volunteers at all levels
10. Ability to travel as part of the humanitarian response team as needed.
11. Fluency in a second language a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment. Must be able to communicate in verbal and written form, and must be able to travel internationally.
Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
Travel for extended periods may be by air and/or other modes of transportation.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
Thank you very much for your interest in Project HOPE.