The Health and Nutrition Senior Technical Advisor will be responsible for the global Health and Nutrition Strategy, designed to provide technical leadership and guidance to the Regional and Field Offices (RO & FO) for the design and implementation of programs for the improvement of health and nutrition in FH program areas. This position will ensure that technical approaches are aligned to countries strategies, and technical programs are designed with a clearly articulated Theory of Change in the achievement of the Child Focus Community Transformation targets, ministry performance, and are implemented according to work plans, and budgets. In addition, will ensure CFCT quality standards are met, and appropriate personnel are hired and timely reports are prepared and submitted to the Director of Health Programs.
Key Result #1 – Provide technical support to ongoing health and nutrition programs (50%).
Key Result #2 – Provide technical support for the development of new programs (40%).
Key Result #3 – Represent FH at Private Voluntary Organization (PVO) coordination and briefing meetings (10%).
A resume and an application are required to apply for this position. This position will close to applications on September 19, 2019. For a complete version of the job description, qualifications, and to apply, access our Career page: https://www.fh.org/about/careers/
FH benefits include (for USA):
Health insurance, 100% company paid for employees
Paid holidays, vacation, & sick leave
401(k) with an employer match up to 4%
Public transportation subsidy for non-virtual employees
Professional development and continuing education opportunities
Values, Vision, and Purpose
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose;
- Excellent people skills including warmth and sensitivity, conversational, able to relate to and effectively communicate with people from different cultures (at various levels within the organization);
- Able to self-manage a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, proactively solve problems and / or suggest viable solutions while advancing goals and objectives;
- Technical background and experience in health and nutrition programming;
- Technical background and experience in social and behavior change programming;
- Knowledgeable in monitoring and evaluation survey design, implementation, and analysis using statistical software;