Provide technical advice and support to the health field teams and to other multi-sector staff across different project sites as requested. Responsible to develop, lead, monitor, and evaluate the health aspects of the Iraq country programme. Coordinate and network at a senior level with national and regional health authorities and other NGOs. Lead on all health elements of proposals and reports, providing capacity building for national and international staff, promote best practice in the health programmes and contributing to the overall management of the country programme. Work closely with the MHPSS advisor to ensure integrated MHPSS within the health programme.
- Clinical degree (nurse or doctor), or Public Health degree; Medical doctor desirable.
- Clinical degree with Public Health or MSc in International/Global Health degree strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- 3 years’ experience in managing programmes in international public health work, with at least 2 years in humanitarian emergency context.
- 1 year managing and coordinating emergency responses – outbreaks, displaced populations, and /or nutritional emergencies desirable.
- Experience in the design, monitoring of implementation and evaluation of public health programmes.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, Sphere and HAP Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols.
- Advanced leadership, project management, planning, assessment and analytical skills.