LifeNet International is hiring a full-time Grant Writer based in Washington, DC, to support LifeNet’s fundraising and communications efforts in order to achieve the organization’s aggressive growth goals.
LifeNet International has improved over 9 million patient visits to date in Burundi, DRC, Uganda, and Malawi. With a proven model and lifesaving impact, LifeNet is pursuing aggressive growth goals in order to improve health outcomes for a greater number of people in sub-Saharan Africa. This vision includes growing LifeNet’s revenue from a projected $4M in 2020 to $10M in 2023, which will allow our program teams to facilitate the improvement of 10 million patient visits, across 10 countries, in 2023.
The ideal candidate is experienced in private and public (especially USG) grant writing, is a self-starter and driven, works well with others, and has an entrepreneurial spirit. The work environment is fast-paced and the opportunities are exciting. The grant writer will be a part of unprecedented growth at the organization with opportunity for personal growth and involvement in the organization’s development.
• Develop a strong understanding of LifeNet programs to create powerful funding rationales.
• Search for and qualify prospective donors to the organization and potential funding opportunities, especially those related to corporate, foundation, and government donors.
• Research funding opportunities to align LifeNet goals with funder requirements and write compelling pieces.
• Write grant proposals, LOIs, concept papers, grant reports, alignment papers, and other documents, for the purpose of fundraising, to various audiences, including government, foundation, and major donors with a focus on public and private institutional givers.
• Meet and work in conjunction with other implementing organizations including those that are positioned to prime public funding opportunities. This includes networking meetings as appropriate and working with organizations to fulfill LifeNet’s sub-grantee writing requirements.
• Facilitate the grant proposal and reporting process, including project management to ensure meeting deliverables and deadlines outlined by prospects and donors. Work in collaboration with program, M&E, finance, other communications staff, and co-implementing organizations’ staff as necessary to do so.
• In collaboration with other team members, maintain records, files, and databases for prospects and donors and a detailed proposal and reporting calendar.
• Assist program, fundraising, and communications staff in writing and editing other LifeNet copy. Work in close collaboration with the Communications Officer to write, edit, and refine communications and fundraising pieces. Work with all staff on consistent messaging.
• Develop materials that report program progress for updates, donor updates, and ongoing communications.
• In collaboration with other team members, ensure appropriate public recognition of donors.
• Support the grant management process in collaboration with other LifeNet staff, ensuring reporting is completed fully and on time.
• Other fundraising and communications activities as assigned.