Up to 30 eight-hour working days, April 1 – June 30, 2023, with the possibility to extend both level of effort and timing.
Save the Children seeks an experienced global health supply chain and procurement consultant with expertise in business model development, supply chain and procurement planning strategy, sourcing, and implementation. The consultant will lead the analysis and design, and inform the procurement of a transformational supply chain and procurement management process at a global level. This will include analyzing planning challenges, leading solution design, validating solution requirements, and finalizing a clear set of requirements for a supply chain and procurement system, including outsourcing requirements. The consultant will play a critical role in: strategy and planning to align supply chain initiatives with overall business goals; logistics optimization as well as ownership versus outsource analysis; leading assessments and identifying options; strategic sourcing, including definition of the scope of work through evaluation and selection of providers; informing supply chain implementation support, including project management and technical oversight requirements; and advising on auditing and monitoring protocols to measure impact and performance. The consultant must be able to assess and communicate challenges and opportunities, bring market knowledge and experience, and be able to provide broad-ranging advice on all aspects of the global health supply chain.
· Lead the design and inform the strategy of a transformational supply chain function on a global scale. Responsible for designing a vision for services that will address client relations, order placement, sourcing, order fulfillment, commodity storage, transportation, supplier management, quality assurance, planning, analytics, and optimization.
· Ensure the appropriate adaptation and/or adoption of commercial sector best practices to optimize the performance of global supply chain methods, and contribute to re-design and process improvement initiatives as required.
· Draft specific requirements for procurement of supply chain services including forecasting and supply planning, warehousing and inventory management, and management information systems, and ensuring equipment, supplies, and commodities are in place and on time for multiple locations.
· Help define staffing requirements for oversight and management of supply chain services.
· Communicate updates on planning insights, challenges, solution requirements, and design parameters on a regular basis, and join regular design meetings with other functional teams.
Requirements: · Master’s degree in management, international development or public health preferred with a minimum 12 years related work experience in large scale supply chain planning and delivery; alternately, a bachelor’s degree in the aforementioned fields and an additional five years of work experience beyond the 12 required above may be substituted. · Familiarity with USAID operations including knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) preferred. · Expertise in supply chain and procurement for global health or other development programs. · Experience with supply chain management with NGOs or other development partners. · Experience with sophisticated supply chain management information systems. · Experience advising and supporting others at all levels with supply chain expertise that includes strategic thinking and planning, developing staffing structures, resourcing supply chain plans, and budgeting. · Ability to synthesize and analyze complex information, and make clear, informed recommendations. · Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally. · Excellent planning, management, and coordination skills, with the ability to deliver on complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities. · Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. · Fluency in written and spoken English. Deliverables: The Global Health Supply Chain Consultant will report to the Sr. Advisor, Global Health Program Development, and deliverables will include: 1. Analysis, design, and documentation of a transformational supply chain management process and system. This includes a report highlighting planning insight, challenges, solution requirements, and design parameters. 2. Draft of requirements for outsourcing for supply chain services, including information system support. 3. Identification and vetting of best-in-class supply chain service vendors. 4. Recommendations for staffing requirements for oversight and management of a supply chain function.
Interested and qualified applicants should send the following: cover letter including your proposed daily rate along with your resume by March 10, 2023 to Colin Ehmer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please submit these items as one PDF document.