The Finance Associate will assist the Finance team with daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. We are looking for a dedicated individual willing to commit to approximately a five-month assignment up to 20 hours per week during business hours.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Upon request by grant accountants:
- Prepare IO journal entries, run reports, initial review of match entries, update trend reports, match tracking tool and cash tracking tool.
- Assist in arranging & coordinating on-line meetings with field offices.
- Assist with accounts receivable, accounts payable and various account analysis and reconciliations
- Record keeping and file maintenance
- Provide support for several ongoing projects within the Finance department
- Locate and provide information to other departments within the organization to ensure coordination and responsiveness
- Prepare and maintains balance sheet reconciliations for assigned IO balance sheet accounts
- Support department work by performing duties such as locating and compiling accounting support
Other duties as assigned
POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Promote a culture of excellence, inclusion, learning, support, diversity and innovation
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or a minimum of 4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and theory
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities
- A desire to learn about accounting and the finance operations of an International nonprofit organization
- Strong analytical skill set and application
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word) preferred
- Organization: the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to articulate orally and in writing