Project Concern Zambia (PCZ), an affiliate of Project Concern International (PCI), is recruiting for a Finance and Operations Director to support a multi-million-dollar five-year CDC-funded project. The Finance and Operations Director will ensure proper management of grant funds within PCZ as well as the partner organizations. S/he is responsible for overall maintenance of the project’s grants management system and advising on issues related to general compliance and implementation. S/he will also oversee the work of finance staff; coordinate, design and carry out training courses for finance staff; orient partners on donor regulations; monitor financial procedures, policies and reports; and provide ongoing support in financial management. The Director will be based in Lusaka with frequent travel to project sites.
This is a full-time position contingent on funding. The anticipated start date will be October 2020.
Maintain comprehensive sub-grant agreements which stipulate the necessary policies and procedures for administering sub-grants
Maintain information on the contractual obligations of sub-grants
Work with project team and follow-up with partners to ensure information flow and assist in collection of financial information and report writing
Meet submission deadlines and requirements for programmatic and financial reports
Advise on the amount of funding to be dispersed based on the approved budget and ensure timely settlement of funds by implementing partners
Monitor sub-grants and institute a system of financial templates to monitor sub-grant expenditures against partner budgets
Coordinate, design and conduct grant management training courses for financial staff
Analyze financial statements, audits and other documentation
Identify organizations eligible for grants based on pre-determined criteria, and assess the credibility of organizations and proposed programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting OR Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)/Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) full qualification
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience working with a national/international non-profit organization in the area of grants management and accounting
- Previous budgeting and budget tracking experience
- Experience with financial management training, sub-grantee financial reports, and audits
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants