Position Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: President
Member of: Senior Leadership Team
Time Equivalency: Full-time position
LifeNet International is Looking for a Mission-Driven Finance & Administration Professional!
Would you like to combine your financial management expertise with your passion for the belief that all people bear the image of God and should have the opportunity to live a healthy and whole life? LifeNet International, a Christian organization, is in search of a skilled finance and administration professional who is passionate about serving some of the most vulnerable people in the world. You can help transform healthcare for millions of people every year in Sub-Saharan Africa!
LifeNet (www.LNinternational.org) is growing rapidly, with a goal to double the number of countries that we work in and the number of healthcare patients that we impact. To do this, we need a skilled, driven and multifaceted finance and administration professional to help make this vision a reality! You’ll work within a small and dynamic team of professionals in our Washington DC office resulting in a big impact among the most vulnerable.
The F&A Director supports efforts to achieve the organization’s growth and impact goals by leading and managing effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The ideal candidate has experience in financial budgeting, accounting, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably managed one of more components of a human resources function.
The main areas of responsibility are producing accurate financial budgets and statements, managing income and expenses for acceptable margin, complying with donor requirements, and minimizing financial and organizational risk. In addition, this position participates in strategic planning, production of grant proposals and reports, and oversees human resources, IT, facilities, contracts, and compliance. The F&A Director reports directly to the President and collaborates closely with the Vice President of Programs, the Vice President of Advancement, and LifeNet Country Office Finance Directors/Managers. The F&A Director provides matrixed supervision to an Administrative Associate based in LifeNet’s Washington DC Office and a Financial Management Consultant based in southern Africa. The position is full-time and is based in LifeNet’s Washington, DC office.
• Manage all aspects of finances and accounting in LifeNet’s US Office and Country Offices.
• Lead the organization’s budgeting process, in coordination with President, VP of Programs, VP of Advancement, and Country Directors
• Create and present cash flow projections, financial reports and fiscal updates to the President and Board of Directors
• Oversee accounting processes, cash flow, internal controls, audits, and 990 preparation, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
• Review coding, reconcile accounts, prepare monthly financial reports
• Prepare monthly departmental budget vs actuals reports for review with Senior Leadership Team and Country Directors to support adherence to budget and forecast revisions
• Monitor all banking and credit card activity/transactions for accuracy and budgetary adherence
• Manage and ensure compliance for all contracts, agreements, grants, etc.
• Manage and ensure that all payable/receivable items are paid/received on time and in adherence with internal controls for all entities
• Assist with development of grant proposal budgets and prepare grant financial reports
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices, and ensure that the US and Country Office finance policy and procedure manuals are up to date
• Review and approve payroll for processing via ADP
• Oversee administration of employee benefits, including insurance policies
• Support technical aspects of employee hiring, onboarding, and offboarding processes
• Oversee DC office and virtual office operations and ensure they are running efficiently and effectively
• Oversee compliance with relevant regulations and filing of necessary reports
• Oversee company IT assets and IT security.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field, with CPA preferred.
- Experience working in financial management in an international, 501(c)(3) organization or a for-profit business.
- At least 2 years of experience in a key finance role (accountant, officer, manager, etc).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
- A self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and the persistence to identify solutions to challenging tasks.
- Detail-oriented, with a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstrated ability to set clear priorities and manage conflicting pressures by handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and seeing projects through to their successful completion.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in collaboration with team members in various geographies and cultural contexts.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate honesty and discretion.
- Willingness to travel to LifeNet field office countries (10% time).
- Alignment with and commitment to LifeNet’s Christian identity and mission philosophy and sensitivity to LifeNet partners’ religious beliefs and contexts.