The Economic Empowerment Manager will oversee a team focused on assisting refugees towards achieving self-sufficiency through various economic empowerment services. This position will be responsible for the development, implementation, compliance, and completion of all grants and activities related with this department. The department currently consists of the following programs: an Individual Development Account (IDA) and Asset Building Program that assists low-income residents in acquiring assets; a Microenterprise Development (MED) Program that assists entrepreneurs with business development (a subsidiary entity called the IRC’s Center for Economic Opportunity is utilized to provide consumer loans such as credit building, auto loans and career development loans, as well as micro-business loans); and also a neighborhood business development project- Camelback Corridor, with a set of initiatives and strategies focused on developing stronger and more sustainable business districts.
S/he manages the daily activities and personnel of the department; is responsible for identifying opportunities, developing grant proposals and reports related to all areas of IRC’s economic empowerment service provision; and is responsible for initiating and managing financial and community partnerships, as well as implementing policies and procedures, fundraising, reporting, curriculum development, and program development. There is also a strong emphasis on employment support services and ongoing collaboration to support self-sufficiency of clients.
• Fundraise and develop new projects and initiatives with the goal of increasing the quality, size, and scope of department and IRC services in Maricopa County;
• Develop, implement and monitor sustainability and planning activities for all EE programs;
• Ensure all goals and objectives are met for each program;
• Responsible for the recruitment, orientation, and supervision of economic empowerment staff;
• Provide leadership, and facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing to develop a cohesive, positive and productive work environment among all staff;
• Develop and monitor program budgets to ensure compliance on stewardship of funds;
• Develop and implement operating policies and procedures for each program within the department;
• Ensure program staff prepare reports, edit and submit reports for each program on a timely manner;
• Oversee internal lending, including convening of Loan Review Committee;
• Coordinate with other program managers and IRC staff to ensure seamless delivery of services to clients;
• Participate in community coalitions and actively promote IRC programs in the community to increase visibility and expand partner network;
• Contribute to broad office-wide conversations and initiatives as a member of the management team;
• Other related duties as assigned.