Support the Medair emergency response team to more efficiently and effectively coordinate with the various stakeholders, but most specifically the Ebola Task Force and the commissions. The Liaison will work to effectively communicate about Medair’s activities and ensure critical information is shared bi-directionally between Medair and the Ebola Task Force and other actors.
- Post-graduate degree in the humanitarian sector or communications or other relevant field. Prior training in coordination desirable. Clinical degree or diploma (nurse, midwife or doctor), or Public Health degree desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written). Swahili desirable.
- 2 years’ post-qualification professional experience.
- At least 1 year humanitarian experience where you worked with or observed health programming.
- Strong coordination skills and effective meeting management skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills in French.
- Able to take the initiative and speak confidently.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, Sphere and HAP Standard.