- Deliver/Return Task Order Coordinator Procurement
- Based in Arlington, VA or Washington, DC
- Reports to the Deliver/Return Task Order Supervisor
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 40 countries Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do. Join us!
The Procurement and Supply Management project is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The Deliver/Return Task Order (TO) Coordinator will prioritize, manage, monitor and report on order execution for all project commodities for a specific TO to ensure delivery of shipments door-to-door (manufacturer to warehouse, manufacturer to recipient or warehouse to recipient) and door-to-port (manufacturer to port of destination or warehouse to port of destination). Coordinates with internal global supply chain (GSD), deliver/return teams, ISC managers, country managers, and regional distribution center staff to ensure timely deliveries.
- Manages and monitors TO-specific health commodity orders through prioritization and review, in coordination with internal and external teams including but not limited to staff involved in third party logistics; TO supervisors, integrated supply chain (ISC) managers, country managers; suppliers; supplier relations; sourcing and fulfillment.
- Serves as single point of contact for TO-specific orders and deliveries.
- Ensures order processing and delivery including developing daily action plans, monitoring orders, and resolving issues.
- Working with country managers and escalates orders to TO supervisors or Deliver/Return manager to ensure timely delivery.
- Participates in internal and external TO-specific meetings providing status updates for delivery.
- Coordinates with other departments within GHSC-PSM to prioritize and troubleshoot shipments that require additional or urgent attention.
- Monitors work against targeted on-time delivery goals as defined by PSM management and elevates orders to leadership accordingly.
- Provides proactive and courteous customer service communication in both verbal and written formats.
- Follows up on inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Continuously works to improve and broaden health commodity product knowledge and country-specific logistics knowledge.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 4 plus years of experience in procurement
- Working knowledge of procurement regulations, including FAR and AIDAR preferred.
- Willingness to travel
- Exceptional communication skills and sense of humor, teamwork essential
- Expanded computer skills
- Working knowledge of French, Spanish is desirable