The Data Science Intern (Intern) will assist the Data Analytics Hub team with data preparation and analysis and generating web contents for the Data Analytics Hub’s website and communications. S/he will also have opportunities to support GH offices and field missions on a variety of data analytics, visualizations and data science activities, using data sources such as the Demographic and Health Surveys, and the World Bank amongst others.
- Currently enrolled master's or other post-bachelor's degree candidate in a program related to statistics or computer science, public health and/or public policy; or, completion of such within the past 12 months.
- Experience in data analysis and visualizations, including experience with statistical software such as R or STATA.
- Strong writing and analytic skills are required.
- Experience working effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Experience in data visualizations with Tableau desktop software and/or GIS software.
- Ability to participate in a 1-2-week field experience.
- US citizenship or US permanent residency required.