Country Director, India
There is a high preference to hire a local national for this position.
The Country Director or Representative will serve as the Chief Representative and Fiduciary Officer for PCI India. S/he will lead the organization’s integrated development program portfolio which includes health interventions, health systems strengthening, community mobilization, and services to vulnerable children and youth.
The responsibilities consist of leading with a vison and inspiring the high-quality team of PCI-India to continue to excel through strategic management practices, innovations, strategic thinking and commitment to transform lives of the most vulnerable. The Country Director or Representative will effectively link with PCI’s donors and partners; and align with Government of India’s development initiatives. The responsibility includes increasing PCI’s portfolio in India by accessing resources to develop cutting-edge development programs.
- Post Graduate degree (preferably public health, or international relations, or development studies) and 10+ years of professional experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role, at similar level within organization.
- Multi-country and multi-donor experience including foundations would be an advantage.
- 5+ years’ experience in the strategic leadership, partner and consortium management, analytics, monitoring and evaluation of complex programs in the technical areas such as community health, health systems strengthening, community mobilization and women empowerment.
- Experience in providing technical support to State Governments would be an advantage.
- Experience in India strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Hindi would also be an advantage.
- Hiring a local national is highly preferred.
- Proven experience in results based management, innovation, people management, and leading highly skilled technical teams.
- Being a specialist in one of the PCI-India’s program areas would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in proposal development including strategy development, design, impact planning.
- Skills in technical writing would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of financial management and internal controls in a development environment
- Experience developing new sources of funding from a variety of public and private sources
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; influencing and marketing skills presentation skills; and report writing skills.
- Alignment with PCI’s core values is a necessary condition