Cost & Pricing Specialist
Location: Chevy Chase, MD
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 10 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview:
University research Co., LLC (URC-CHS) is currently seeking a Cost and Pricing Specialist to join our Contracts and Grants Administration Office in Chevy Chase, MD.
The Contracts, Grants Administration, Cost and Pricing office is responsible for ensuring URC-CHS’s compliance with all aspects of the procurement processes, awarded Contracts, Cooperative Agreements and Grants’ administration of all applicable regulations and requirements as set forth by the US Government, International Donors, cooperating countries, partners, and grantees. The Office is also responsible for preparing cost proposals/applications in response to various solicitations. In line with this, the office is seeking a Cost & Pricing Specialist to assist in achieving this objective.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Cost and Pricing Team Lead, the Cost and Pricing Specialist will be responsible for, but is not limited to, the following:
- Actively contributes to the strategic business development of URC.
- Participates in the analysis of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Applications (RFAs) and other type of solicitations from federal, state, international agencies and donors for the purpose of identifying risks, trends and deviations from the norm.
- Engage in the development of a strategic, fully-compliant business proposal, and for developing and maintaining a knowledge base of strategic pricing data and methodologies.
- Strategize URC’s competitive position and work with senior officers to develop the proposal/application outlines and the budget structure.
- Prepare and oversee complex cost proposals and submissions to donor agencies in response to
- Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Applications (RFAs) and other funding opportunities in coordination with Business Development and Program staff at URC headquarters and field offices. Develop list of questions related to the business proposal of the solicitation document to the Donors and clients.
- Review the cost and business requirements of RFPs and RFAs and clients’ requests for various types of Awards taking into consideration anticipated modifications.
- Participate in development of a pricing strategy/approach(s) responding to various type of competition.
- Develop appropriate pricing templates utilizing Microsoft Excel that conform to solicitation
- In compliance with the RFPs and RFAs’ requirements and URC pricing standards, provide effective pricing direction and support to the proposal team.
- Ensure required cost proposal schedules are prepared timely and accurately.
- Review all pricing data submitted by proposal team and partners and subcontractors for accuracy and completeness of their cost proposals in line with the requirements of the clients.
- Review and maintain cost proposal-related records and databases.
- Bring any deviations from the norm and communicate notable findings with recommendations to the attention of URC senior management with the intent of enhancing the cost and pricing methodologies.
- Other related and relevant duties as assigned
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
URC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value, seek, and promote diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please visit Join Our Team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their citizenship, immigration status, or national origin. In compliance with federal law, URC will only require verification of identity and employment eligibility through the I-9 and E-Verify processes from those individuals who have already accepted our offer of employment to work in the United States upon and within three business days from date of hire.
Thank you very much for your interest.
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is required or equivalent experience
- Five to seven years of experience in preparing cost proposals for USAID solicitations.
- Knowledge of government acquisition & assistance and USAID rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of DfID, WHO, MCC, Global Fund, Gates Foundation and other donors’ regulation and funding requirements is desired. Strong knowledge of the federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards is required.
- Strong knowledge of various contract types including firm fixed price, cost reimbursement, time & material, grants and cooperative agreements is required.
- Excellent skills in analyzing government solicitations for compliance, and have expertise in dealing with non-routine and complex funding opportunities.
- High level of Excel proficiency is required.
- Strong writing skills and computer proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word, and a track record of being a team player with flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements are essential.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Deltek System One, GCS Premier and/or Costpoint is desirable.
- Ability to work well with multiple deadlines and under pressure