Consultant – Senior Advisor, Immunization
CORE Group seeks to onboard a Senior Advisor, Immunization to support the organization’s current and expanding global portfolio of immunization projects, COVID-19 response, and community health initiatives.
The consultant will support the USAID-funded MOMENTUM 3B award: “Entrenched Obstacles in Routine Immunization” with short-term technical assistance to multiple countries over a period of 2-3 years. This position will focus on reaching zero-dose children, with a focus on addressing the challenges posed by the disruption of immunization services due to the COVID-19 pandemic, work with country governments and other key stakeholders to address the challenges of delivering immunization programs within the context of COVID-19, adapting service strategies, advise on a health systems approach in relation to COVID-19 challenges, as well as addressing unvaccinated children and a significant increase in outbreaks of vaccine preventable diseases, including measles, polio, diphtheria, and yellow fever.
The consultant will assist with the planning, delivery, demand, and uptake of immunization services and inform policies and programs that expand access to immunization programs, using short-term and long term strategies.
The Senior Advisor, Immunization must have:
• Minimum of a Master’s degree or higher in public health, or other allied field related to public
health, Immunization, and/or social mobilization. Nursing and Medical background also
• A strong background in disease surveillance and Immunization. Excellent knowledge of GAVI
5.0, IA2030 and other global immunization strategies, as well as Regional Immunization
Senior Advisor, Immunization strategies.
• Minimum seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience working with US
Government- funded programs, with at least five years of experience in an international
setting, supporting health, infectious diseases , immunization, or development programs is
required. Knowledge of emergency response and programming required.
• Demonstrated technical experience/expertise related to infectious diseases is required.
Experience in curriculum development and resources for developing countries is necessary.
Experience in conducting training with local organizations, with a participatory approach.
• Prior experience working on zoonotic diseases is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of USG initiatives related to development assistance, USAID programming policies,
regulations, procedures, and documentation requirements for strategy and project design,
implementation, management, and evaluation is a strong asset.
• Experience with monitoring and evaluation methodologies including frameworks, data quality
assurance, analysis reporting and best practices in data dissemination in international/resource
• Prior extensive experience with USAID and/or one of its implementing partners in least
developed country settings would be highly desirable.
• Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and
environment is a must.
• Demonstrated strong teamwork, cultural competency, diplomacy and interpersonal skills are
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communications skills in English and ability to
communicate complex technical information to a variety of audiences and stakeholders
including senior-level managers, country-level health officials, UN, senior level USG delegations,
inter-agency partners and host government counterparts is required.
• Willingness to travel to in-country programs when STTA is needed and also be available remotely
for training and technical advice.
• Gender and health systems strengthening expertise strongly encouraged
Download the full job description here Sr. Advisor_Immunization. Consultant
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Use “Sr. Advisor Immunization_LastName” as the subject line – no phone calls please.
Only potential interviewees will be contacted.