The Strengthening Community Health Outcomes through Positive Engagement (SCOPE) Program is a
New Partnership Initiative cooperative agreement funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that aims to address community health priorities via key drivers of child and maternal morbidity and mortality in four priority countries with the ultimate goal of preventing child and maternal deaths. The project envisions a world in which women of reproductive age and caregivers of children under five adopt healthy behaviors and seek necessary care, and that high-quality community health services are accessible for mothers and children. SCOPE is providing training and support through trusted community voices, including community health workers, faith leaders, and community groups. Under the SCOPE RMNCH Project, World Relief (WR) is conducting a mid-term evaluation in all four countries, gathering qualitative and quantitative data to help SCOPE understand program progress to date on key objectives and to adapt the program as needed.
The SCOPE Midterm Evaluation will check progress on shifts in social and behavioral norms related to family planning and maternal-child health. The evaluation will also measure exposure to messages in the general population and gather data on direct client experiences with the SCOPE-supported community activities and volunteers. The mixed methods evaluation will gather data in June and July 2022, and will provide data from each country and first draft analysis in July, with reports to be completed by the end of August 2022. Those individual country data sets, analyses, and reports will be available to the research analyst who will analyze the data at the global level and prepare a report that summarizes trends and compares progress within and between the SCOPE programs in Haiti, Kenya, Malawi, and South Sudan.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
SCOPE seeks a Research/Data Analyst for a short-term remote consultancy (with potential international travel) to lead data analysis (qualitative and quantitative) and reporting for the Midterm Evaluation. The Research/Data Analyst will also provide customized technical training to improve the capacity of project staff to manage and collect data. The expected date of the consultancy is from August to October 2022.
The Research/Data Analyst will be managed by WR’s MEL Technical Advisor and will be expected to collaborate with two in-country research teams, with support from the in-country Program Managers, and the Home Office technical team. The position is remote, with potential travel to SCOPE countries (depending on identified needs).
REQUESTED SERVICES AND DELIVERABLES
The Research Analyst will provide the following services and products during the consultancy from August to October 2022. The start date may vary, depending on when the consultant passes the required background check. The consultant will receive payment at the end of each milestone once World Relief accepts the associated services and product(s) listed below.
-Collaborate with Home Office and key country office staff or consultants.
-Lead the global data analysis of data
-Develop reporting templates for SCOPE at the global level
-Send questions or requests for clarification in the datasets from country teams, and correspond with STO, MTE frequently
-Data analysis plan for the quantitative and qualitative data at the global level, including a plan for analysis and interpretation of the raw data from the health facility assessment exercise from each country
-Detailed outline for global report; global report slidedeck outline
-Write the Health Facility Assessment report for each country, to be integrated into the country’s final report
-Collaborate with STO, MTE to develop reports and draw out key recommendations
-Four Health Facility Assessment report sections, 1 per country
-Draft slide deck and narrative report
-Incorporate feedback, finalize reports, and consolidate documents
-Participate and facilitate discussion with SCOPE country teams or other stakeholders at a workshop to present the evaluation findings
-Participate in after-action review (AAR)
-Provide a final, edited draft report for the global study
-Documents saved and compiled with appropriate file names and dates
-Final report slide deck
-Preparation meetings for the workshop
-Support during Q&A
-Give feedback during the review
-AAR meeting notes
The Research/Data Analyst (Consultant) should possess the following educational and professional qualifications for the execution of this scope of work: Required Qualifications
• Graduate degree in public health or social sciences or a related field
• Demonstrated experience in community-based research
• Experience (with links to reports or publications) analyzing data collected through LQAS and qualitative research
• 15+ years of experience conducting research on themes related to RMNCH
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and at least one statistical software (i.e., Stata, SPSS, R, Python) • Ability to work with datasets • Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• References can speak to analyst’s ability to communicate research findings to program managers effectively • Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Detail-oriented • Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously Preferred Qualifications • Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs
• Experience in using mobile-data collection and management software (e.g. ODK, CommCare, Iform builder, Kobo, RR collect)
• Experience with qualitative data analysis methods and software (i.e., NVivo, Dedoose, ATLAS.ti)
• Knowledge of data visualization and business information software such as Tableau and Power BI will be an added advantage
• Experience administering trainings to a diverse range of stakeholders
• Experience communicating research findings to external stakeholders
• Experience working internationally
Interested applicants should send the following: cover letter, resume, daily rate quote, USAID biodata, and two references demonstrating applicable work no later than 5:00pm EDT on Wednesday, August 10, 2022 to Racquel Enad at email@example.com.